Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 ** Well that certainly didn't take long!!.......**. >

** Well that certainly didn't take long!!.......**.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

** Well that certainly didn't take long!!.......**.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ** Well that certainly didn't take long!!.......**.

How do they get off using Mexico as an excuse?!? They say that the assault weapons ban will decrease weapons being smuggled into Mexico, but then talk about all the automatic weapons and grenades used by the Mexicans. What are they smoking?!?
Old 02-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

What get's me more than using the Mexican drug cartel/border town problem as an excuse for reinstating the AWB (which was tried and failed to accomplish any reduction in crime), is the fact that the libs feel like it's OUR responsibility to infringe upon our liberties to fix a crime problem in a FOREIGN COUNTRY. Doesn't this strike anyone else as a bit hypocritical of the dems? Weren't it the libs that carped for 5 years straight about our intervention in Iraq? If Saddam's Iraq was no threat to us directly (they used to have the worlds 4th largest army), or by proxy (you know, the real-deal terrorists the liberals don't like to admit truly exist), then why are they so hot-to-trot on fixing all of Mexico's domestic ails? Are they a direct and imminent threat to us, greater than the one posed by an Iraqi dictator bent on destroying the west my any means available? I'd say no. So if the shooting stays on the south side of the border, let the Mexicans deal with it.

Also, wasn't it the liberal left doing all the wailing and knashing of teeth over the perceived injustices and infringments on our liberty by NSA wiretapping of foreign to domentic calls and the Patriot Act (of which there has been no documented cases of cival rights violations against U.S. citizens)? Wasn't it the left that's thrown an on-the-ground kicking-and-screaming fit over the fact that the terrorist thugs at Gitmo couldn't have a taxpayer funded lawyer and due process rights in a civilian court? Yet one of the first things the libs in power do, even before the chairs are warm in the Obama cabinet, is try to strip U.S. CITIZENS of their 2nd Amendment rights.

Well, comrades (are we supposed to call each other that yet? [:@]), the left has taken over and the nuts are now running the asylum. God help us.

Mike
Old 02-28-2009, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: driftrider
Well, comrades (are we supposed to call each other that yet? [:@]), the left has taken over and the nuts are now running the asylum. God help us.
Hey, I do not support an assault weapons ban and I think this is a big mistake for the Democrats, but don't forget how we got here. The right let the asylum get into such bad shape that the takeover was too easy.