Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Over and Under 12 Ga >

Over and Under 12 Ga

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Over and Under 12 Ga

Old 08-15-2010, 03:50 AM
Typical Buck

You can find used Beretta, Brownings. SKB,Weatherby's in great shape used at your price point. If you can save up a $100 more plus what ever the tax is in your state the Winchester 101 are going for $1099 now days and are a great field gun for the money.
You have to decide. Get out to the various well stoked stores in you area and pick them up and see what one fits and feels best to you.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Typical Buck

I can't believe no one said Franchi (Italian made). I bought the Franchi "diamond" at Dicks several years ago. It was about 800 on sale. It is has the blued barrel, engraved stainless receiver, and Walnut stock. It was 300 less than the Ruger Red Label. It shoots wonderfuly and looks great.

Make sure whatever you buy you get the selector switch, allowing you to determine which barrel you want to shoot first.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

A11en,

Who was this guy ?!?!

"I agree JDHOGG - GO American made!!! "

LOL :-)

BTW - I like Franchi's.................just so you know.

Last edited by Sheridan; 08-20-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:01 AM
Typical Buck

Sheridan,

That is normally my policy, but there are a few things we've not perfected and should really consider the imports - Shotguns, sports cars, and mail-order brides
Old 08-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

A11en,

You gotta love those old American made SxS (shotguns) though !!!

...........and you are right about one thing; we aren't exporting any American "brides". LOL