Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Stolen guns

Old 01-23-2009, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stolen guns

The MAIN class of guns I've been made aware of from gun "buybacks", are stolen guns or guns that have been used in crimes. To begin with, how can it be a gun buyback when they (city/location offering it) didn't own them to begin with. As to the buybacks, I think they're a great chance to rub the local government's nose in it. Example-when Louisville had an gun buyback, they offered 100$ FOR ANY WORKING HANDGUN no questions asked. I ordered a CASE of Raven .25acp pistols from my distributor as fast as my fat fingers could push the buttons. At that time, the Ravens were going for about 25$ each with bulk deal. Yall should have seen them cuss when I brought a whole case of them still in boxes and made them fill out the 4473 purchase forms on each of them!!!!!! For SOME reason, the Louisville Ky gun buyback program ended suddenly very soon afterwards.

ORIGINAL: hunting junkie

Mike i hear what you are saying,but there is also people out there that don't know what they have.
I got offered a 38 revolver 1st policeman edition for 350 once but did not take it for not knowing how
to get it checked .Now check the books on that,i'm still crying about it.If you stop and think about
the gun buy program where they give you 100.00 no questions asked,imagine how many women for
example take there dead husbands guns there.The only other problem is there is hardly ever the ones that
to good to be true for the fact the people up there can't get them because of a felony, so they pay a good
price too.By the way i'm not young i don't know why you would think that over this question? Being older does
not make you smarter,but asking questions to the answers you don't know, at least helps

Old 01-23-2009, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hear what your are saying stalkingbearbut there is still alot of people out there that don't know what they
got or what it is worth.I got a reputation at work as to liking guns and hunting so they come to me with what they got ,that is the point of the whole question.As to the buy back programlike you said, main not all

Old 01-23-2009, 09:05 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry Hunting Junkie?

There was an under aged kid that was using this name(handle) and I assumed it was the same? Assuming gets me in trouble all the time. My appologies, but on the other hand about everyone is a yougster to me even stalkingbear?

By the way thanks Neil! You are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2009, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Appolgoie accepted Thank you mike
Old 02-17-2009, 06:55 AM

I just found this new website www.firearmsfax.com. You can check serial numbers before you buy a gun and also list you stolen guns. They send email notifications out to the gun and pawn shops within 50 miles of the reported stolen gun. It's about time!! I've called my local PD in the past to check the serial number on a gun and it's a hit or miss whether they will call you back and sometimes it could be weeks. Unfortunately, they have "more important" things to attend to.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:40 AM

Stalkingbear, do they check the ballistics of the "buyback" guns to see if they match any from a crime? If they don't, then unsolved crimes remain unsolved and again the good guys like us again suffer with these restrictive gun laws.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only gun "buyback" of which I have any knowledge is that in which I participated was that 1 in Louisville Ky where I "sold" a bunch of cheap ravens to them. As far as I know, that 1 was no questions asked and it appeared to be straight to scrap the way they threw them in among a huge pile without any regards to their condition.

ORIGINAL: nabattaglia
Stalkingbear, do they check the ballistics of the "buyback" guns to see if they match any from a crime? If they don't, then unsolved crimes remain unsolved and again the good guys like us again suffer with these restrictive gun laws.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:41 AM

Boy, our gov't sure knows how to waste our tax dollars. I wonder how much our local gov'ts have spent on these buybacks? It makes me madwhen I hear them wasting their time & our money trying to pass legislation that only hurts the good guys. My local is trying to pass a law making it a crime if I didn't report a lost or stolen firearm within 72 hours. They are so stupid!! Of course people like us will report it but the criminal won't. And let' say a criminal does get caught, he could easily say he didn't realize his gun was missing. How can the police prove he's lying? What MORONS these politicians are!