Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Stolen guns

Old 01-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stolen guns

The BEST thing you can possibly do is take the firearm to your local police dept along with seller, or before you pay for it. They'll run the serial number, and if's it's stolen, they;ll confiscate it on the spot with NO charges filed against you. If not on stolen list, it's yours.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you buy a stolen gun and it is later discovered to be on the list, you will be forced to give it up to the original owner, and you will be out the money.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: isatarak

If you buy a stolen gun and it is later discovered to be on the list, you will be forced to give it up to the original owner, and you will be out the money.
That is exactly correct. I have seen it done on several occasions. Including me. I lost a good bit of money on one that I bought that was stolen. And baically you have no recourse. It will cost you more for legal fees than the money you MIGHT possibly recover from the thief. Tom.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:06 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: hunting junkie

What happens when you take a # there and it is dirty?
If it's stolen, they will keep the gun, if you have the gun with you, or go after the seller. You won't be in trouble for asking. Don't buy it before you check. Or you willbe out the money .
Old 01-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

Rule of thumb!

If you have to ask or are unsure? Then it is probably is HOT and or defective in some way?!?

Good advice to stay away of a purchase!
Old 01-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RugerMike

Rule of thumb!

If you have to ask or are unsure? Then it is probably is HOT and or defective in some way?!?

How in the world could you say that?
If I'm wanting to buy a gun from a stranger (which usually is the case) and I want to know if it's stolen/or been involved in a crime then in your opinion is that it "probably is HOT or defective in some way"?
That's absurd, I'm going to ask just to make sure before spending my hard earned money on a gun..
Old 01-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pnut-don't get excited. I'm pretty sure what Rugermike is trying to tell you is this: if it sounds too good to be true,it usually is. In other words, if someone offered you a Colt Python for 300$, you know SOMETHING is wrong somewhere. or say if somebody tries to sell you a Remington model 700 for 100-150$ you KNOW it's probably stolen. See what we're saying? All you have to do is have your local LE run it's number, and even if it is reported stolen the next day or week, YOU are in the clear and won't be charged with stolen firearms.

ORIGINAL: pnut

Rule of thumb!

If I'm wanting to buy a gun from a stranger (which usually is the case) and I want to know if it's stolen/or been involved in a crime then in your opinion is that it "probably is HOT or defective in some way"?
That's absurd, I'm going to ask just to make sure before spending my hard earned money on a gun..
Old 01-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

Pnut-don't get excited. I'm pretty sure what Rugermike is trying to tell you is this: if it sounds too good to be true,it usually is. In other words, if someone offered you a Colt Python for 300$, you know SOMETHING is wrong somewhere. or say if somebody tries to sell you a Remington model 700 for 100-150$ you KNOW it's probably stolen. See what we're saying? All you have to do is have your local LE run it's number, and even if it is reported stolen the next day or week, YOU are in the clear and won't be charged with stolen firearms.

ORIGINAL: pnut

Rule of thumb!

I'm a contractor for Missouri State Highway Patrol so I can have serials ran through NIBRS at a request.
I understand the whole " if it sounds too good.....", his post just made it sound like you should avoid anything in question which isn't true. I've found deals from total stangers several times.
I'm looking for that deal on an XDm 9mm right now........Prolly end up buying a new package as soon as the wife signs off on it though .
Old 01-22-2009, 11:47 PM
Typical Buck

Stalking Bear,
Thanks Neil,
That was exactly what I was trying to say? Jeezz!

Pnut,
There are alot of youngsters on these sights and one that started this thread. If the deal is too true to be real, be careful is all I'm saying?
Old 01-23-2009, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mike i hear what you are saying,but there is also people out there that don't know what they have.
I got offered a 38 revolver 1st policeman edition for 350 once but did not take it for not knowing how
to get it checked .Now check the books on that,i'm still crying about it.If you stop and think about
the gun buy program where they give you 100.00 no questions asked,imagine how many women for
example take there dead husbands guns there.The only other problem is there is hardly ever the ones that
to good to be true for the fact the people up there can't get them because of a felony, so they pay a good
price too.By the way i'm not young i don't know why you would think that over this question? Being older does
not make you smarter,but asking questions to the answers you don't know, at least helps

Quick Reply: Stolen guns

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.