Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Gun Salesman of the Year Award goes to.... >

Gun Salesman of the Year Award goes to....

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Gun Salesman of the Year Award goes to....

Old 01-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default Gun Salesman of the Year Award goes to....

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...rge-gun-sales/

"President-elect Barack Obama's election has spurred a surge in gun sales, firearms retailers and enthusiasts say,as gun owners brace for what they believe will be a new era of gun control in Washington.
An electronic news service that covers outdoor news has even named Obama its "Gun Salesman of the Year."
Firearms associations began to suspect that political considerations were driving gun sales late last year as the number of background checks increased. But end-of-year figures showed a big spike in background checks for the last three months of 2008, and in November, the month Obama was elected, the number of background checks was 42 percent greater than in November 2007."

Old 01-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Gun Salesman of the Year Award goes to....

I can definately believe that. The local gun shops around here are booming. Handguns, black rifles, and many others are flying off the shelves. The owner of my favorite gun shop told me he can go on two or three hunting trips this year thanks to the extra income from Obama becoming president.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:09 PM

or could it be that George w Bush has the country in such a schamble that people want guns to protect what they have from people who lost there jobs and will have to resort to steeling to pay there bills. or just gun shop owners starting a panic to sell more guns . i think the pres has enough to worry about after 8 years of bush to worry about guns for awhile,i am a avid gun owner and im not worried at all about gun control im worried about how im going to make a pay chech to keep my family fed and dry, negativity isnt going to help matters get behind our new pres and give him a try it .wont be easy but hes alot better than major pain and his side show.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: riverboss

or could it be that George w Bush has the country in such a schamble that people want guns to protect what they have from people who lost there jobs and will have to resort to steeling to pay there bills. or just gun shop owners starting a panic to sell more guns . i think the pres has enough to worry about after 8 years of bush to worry about guns for awhile,i am a avid gun owner and im not worried at all about gun control im worried about how im going to make a pay chech to keep my family fed and dry, negativity isnt going to help matters get behind our new pres and give him a try it .wont be easy but hes alot better than major pain and his side show.
What an ignorant comment. Now George Bush is making people "steel" Typical victim mentality. People run up their C/C bills, dont save for a rainy day, and dont worry about "feeding and keeping their family dry" until the economy is in the dump, but thats Bush's fault, right? Hey Mr Avid gun owner, dont worry, the "messiah" takes office in 4 days and the media will start mysteriously reporting good news, about the economy, thereafter ,and we can all go back to living high on the hog, like the 1st 6years of the bush administration, you know, before Obama's party, took control of the house and senate? Just save your nickles this time, cause your gonna need em when you go to buy ammo after the messiah gets done taxing it.( That is the ammo thats still legal after the new AWB)
Old 01-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow......Just unbelievable.....How some people think....????? Wow....
Old 01-16-2009, 04:30 PM

what a ignorant coment typical of what has ran the country to where we are today .bush never did anything to save jobs but he sure as hell made sure that he broke people when they went to the pumps. he never did anything to stop deregulations no its not all his fault it takes many to do it, but for the last 8 years he just ignored it ,im not trying to get in a words of whit with someone that evidently knows it all .all im saying is we have to make the best of what we got, like it or not .i guess the people that work at GM -Chrisler-and ford are supose to just say well we just spent to much . the companys are the ones who were supose to save for a rainey day also ,but instead they give there CEOs millions and us tax payes have to pay in the end .your worried about something that may happen, instead of something that already has and needs to be fixed. and dont worry about me i will have enough ammunition to feed my family. messiah what a joke.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: DeerandbearhoG

What an ignorant comment. Now George Bush is making people "steel" Typical victim mentality. People run up their C/C bills, dont save for a rainy day, and dont worry about "feeding and keeping their family dry" until the economy is in the dump, but thats Bush's fault, right? Hey Mr Avid gun owner, dont worry, the "messiah" takes office in 4 days and the media will start mysteriously reporting good news, about the economy, thereafter ,and we can all go back to living high on the hog, like the 1st 6years of the bush administration, you know, before Obama's party, took control of the house and senate? Just save your nickles this time, cause your gonna need em when you go to buy ammo after the messiah gets done taxing it.( That is the ammo thats still legal after the new AWB)
I agree DeerandbehrhoG - good post!
Old 01-16-2009, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

what a ignorant coment typical of what has ran the country to where we are today .bush never did anything to save jobs
Riverboss:

If you want to save US jobs, then I recommend that you not buy the Brazilian made Taurus 1911 you are considering.

http://www.hunting.net/forum/tm.aspx?m=3291663&mpage=1&key=&#329166 3

Save your money and buy the Kimber if that is truly important to you.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow....i am amazed at some gun owners...put your head ALL the way under the sand...
Old 01-17-2009, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

The housing run-up and sub-prime mortgage mess started under CLINTON's watch...it simply continued under Bush. There is plenty of blame to go around to BOTH parties, anyone who claims one or the other is at fault is gullible to their favorite party's line.

The incredible power of large investers (pension funds, 401ks, etc etc) is what has driven the last major moves of our economy. In the late 1990s it was the tech boom....everyone wanted to invest in tech stocks and anyone with a computer and a so-called business plan could get investment money. Then that turned south, but the investments had to go somewhere....so they went to real estate. The housing bubble was created, and exacerbated by the sub-prime mortgage mess (started under Clinton). The money poured into the mortgage trades. Every idiot who took an adjustable APR mortgage or one they could not afford is every bit as much at fault for this as any bank or investor. Our whole economy for a decade has been run on credit -- people buying mortgages and crap on credit cards they can't afford and don't need.

So when real estate started going south guess where the money went....commodity futures. Oil spiked to $145/barrel, and as we all know copper and lead headed through the roof and drove the price of ammo sky high. It's the SPECULATION that drove all this, NOT BUSH. Give me a break. Some people seem to think the President is God and has personal control of everything, it's ridiculous.

Now commodities crashed too and much of that wealth they were looking for a place doesn't exist anymore....it never really did, it was a product of people spending on credit and home equity loans on house value that didn't really exist. The system would correct and we could move forward with a sane financial condition if the gov't didn't feel the need to screw it up and waste money trying to get back to an unsustainable system that fell under its own bloated weight.

Obama won't have time to go for gun legislation? You just wait and see. OBAMA doesn't need time, as the President does not have the power to introduce legislation -- only Congress can do that. All it takes is ONE Congressman who thinks they now have the votes to take away our rights, and they're off to the races.

Quick Reply: Gun Salesman of the Year Award goes to....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.