Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Whats better than a Leupold Vari XIII >

Whats better than a Leupold Vari XIII

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Whats better than a Leupold Vari XIII

Old 12-30-2008, 09:11 PM

Default RE: Whats better than a Leupold Vari XIII

I replaced all my scopes with Zeiss Conquest 4.5X14X44mm. Sharpest & Brightest scope I could find without spending $1000+ on Swarv. Most of my friends have converted from Nikon / Leupold to Zeiss after looking through mine after sundown.

Old 12-31-2008, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I look back to when I started hunting (early 80's) and companies like Zeiss and Swari. seemed to be some of the best scopes on earth, and were, and still are.
These scopes came at a hefty price tag also!
I learned to love Leupold as a very good scope at a fair price, considering the above.

Just remember the age old saying of "you pay for what you get".
Technology has jumped leaps and bounds in the last 10-15 years, and there may be a better valued scope than all 3 from above?
I certainly like the Nikons, Bushnell's etc...
However, I still love my Leupold's and have them on all my scoped guns! I will probably buy more in the future.

I'll give an example from me buying some bino's two years ago, that I would probably employ if I bought a new scope in the future...
I went to Kittery Trading Post, in Maine, selected ALL the bino's from the case that were under $500 and went to the window to play with them.
45 minutes later, I choose the Bushnell's (for around $200) over the Leupolds, leica, nikon, etc, as I couldn't see the difference in quality, from my eyes.

I may be partial to Leupold's but they still have to prove to be the best value and of course longevity also plays in my hand of decision making.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like Leupolds VX-III.I considered Zeiss recently but I couldn't find even their lowest priced models for the same money I paid for the 2.5-8 Leuy.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:24 AM

BigCountry,

I have the exact same problem, plus the outer tube perimeter of the Monarch seems really thick and draws my eyes away from center. I really like the clarity of the Monarch, but doubt I would buy another just for this reason.

KEJ
Old 12-31-2008, 10:34 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: ChazyKEJ

BigCountry,

I have the exact same problem, plus the outer tube perimeter of the Monarch seems really thick and draws my eyes away from center. I really like the clarity of the Monarch, but doubt I would buy another just for this reason.

KEJ
Glad to hear its not only me.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Is it just me, or does anyone else find its easy to loose your sight picture with the nikon monarchs? I know they do this to minimize parralax, but just annoys me some. My monarchs do have some top notch optics however.
I also agree, I think the sight picture on my VX-1 is better then my Monarch. But, my Conquest wins hands down! Zeiss for me from now on!
Old 12-31-2008, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

As has been said, for the money, Zeiss Conquest is the best optics value, but my eyes like my Swarovskis better. I still have a couple of Leupold VX/VariX III's, but my "low end" scopes of choice are now Conquests.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:59 PM
Typical Buck

Whats better than a Leupold Vari XIII ?

Two or three Leupold Vari XIII's
I always seem to come back to Leupold.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bernie P.

I like Leupolds VX-III.I considered Zeiss recently but I couldn't find even their lowest priced models for the same money I paid for the 2.5-8 Leuy.
I paid 400$ for both VXIIIs I own and 400$ for my Zeiss conquest 3-9x40. Ive actually seen conquests in Natchez for 329$. Leupold does not allow its dealers to sell their scopes for less than their set retail price.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I only paid 339 (on clearance) at Midway.Cabelas also had them on clearance for a little less but they were all gone by time I called them.

Quick Reply: Whats better than a Leupold Vari XIII

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.