Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 affordable rifle >

affordable rifle

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

affordable rifle

Old 12-10-2008, 10:22 AM

Default RE: affordable rifle

My Weatherby Vanguard in .300 WBY Mag shoots 1/3 inch groups right out of the box with factory ammunition (Federal). In addition the build quality of the rifle is outstanding. Another thing to consider is that the dollar has fallen from 116 yen to 92 yen over the past year and economists predict the yen will strengthen further. Vanguards are probably going to be more expensive since Weatherby is going to have to raise the dollar price to compensate for the exchange losses. Vanguards are reasonably priced now but that probably will not last.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

Guy's thanks for the input I went with the Weatherby Vanguard I have owned both in the past I liked the feel of the Vanguard better the last Savage I owned had A horrible feeding problem By the way the Weatherby shoots excellent thanks again chad
Old 12-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

personally i prefer the savage but weatherby is good i have never hd a savage that would not shoot sub moa
Old 12-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Fork Horn

i can give you my opinion.i own a vanguard in 7mm mag,synthetic stock.i also own several rifles that are much more expensive,im a firearms collector .i am going to anger some guys with this.this year i acquired a stevens rifle in 308.i liked the way it felt in my hands.i took it out and run some bullets through it. it was quite impressive. i also had with me a extremely expensive (quote) sniper rifle chambered in 300 win mag. we were shooting 200 yards, for the hell of it. i through some rounds with the stevens at 200 yds. and found the difference was not noticeable. the stevens is the same as a savage without the accutrigger. the difference between the vanguard and the savage will be up to which one feels better to you. i have many guns some extremely expensive and some not so. the rifle that i used this year in northern ny for white tail deer was a NEF single shot handi rifle in 308. why ?? because it fits good. either one of those rifles will do you fine.