Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 cva buckhorn >

cva buckhorn

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

cva buckhorn

Old 12-04-2008, 11:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default cva buckhorn

a couple of years ago i got a cva buckhorn 50 cal muzzleloader. i have yet to shoot it or hunt with it. by the time muzzleloader season comes around i have been tagged out.

this wasn't the gun i wanted, but it wasa present from my mother. she wasn't sure what i wanted and thought they were all the same.

if anyone out there has experience with this gun let me know how you like it.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:30 AM

Default RE: cva buckhorn

CVA makes good muzzleloaders.

If you don't want it I'll pay the shipping to Virginia.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know a guy that bought a CVA for this year. I'm not sure which model he bought but I think he only paid like $219 for it or $205 or something. It was low $200's and it was brand new. He loves that thing. He sights it in at 50 yards and said it would shoot inside the same hole each time and that was without cleaning it in between shots. However, I'm not sure that he is being truthful and the reason I say this is he bought a .243 single shot for his niece to use and told me the same stuff. That at 50 yards he put 3 shots inside the bullseye which on his targets were about 1/2" maybe 1". It was those orange sticky targets you can get at Wal-Mart where each sheet has a bunch of different sizes. When I was there sighting in my rifle and they shot it they had one of those targets on a paper plate and his neice was hitting the paper plate but not the biggest orange target. They were shooting from a vise but we still thought she might be pulling it. So he shot it and kept hitting to the left like she was. I then shot it and I put one right over the bullseye but it was shooting about 1" high for me but not to the left. He said he didn't understand as he had been putting them all in the bullseye before. I find this hard to believe as if he had I think he'd be able to at least hit the target which is probably 3" or so in diameter. So when he told me his muzzle loader would hit the same hole over and over in the bulleye I kind of took it with a grain of salt.

However, I know he really does like it and it appears to be a nice muzzle loader. You will probably like yours.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:50 AM

If I get a muzzle loader soon it will be a CVA because it is affordable. A muzzleloader is not something I would want to go all out on like I would for either my bow or my rifle. Shooting a muzzleloader is supposed to be a lot of fun and that's all that matters. Plus another chance to fill your tag like you pointed out earlier!
Old 12-05-2008, 11:11 AM
FG

post this in the blackpowder section.

The buckhorn is the new updated model of the staghorn. excellent shooting rifles!