Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

BAR

Old 11-19-2008, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BAR

I have heard a lot of favorable comment re: the BAR. I have only owned one of them. It was a Grade IV in .308Win. It sure looked great! But it was not reliable with any ammo I tried in it, and as for grouping, it would shoot two rounds to nearly the same spot @ 100 yards from a cold, clean barrel. Then the rounds would "walk off" down the target afteer the first two.

This performance made me very angry and frustrated, because I had traded a pre-64 Winchester Super Grade .375 H&H for this turkey. Bad mistake! Well, you live and (hopefully) learn.....

My mind now prohibits me from considering any new auto loader. All the sporting ones seem to have a lot of problems.I now mostly hunt with the Ruger No. 1 single-shot, as I cannot handle any rifle fast enough for a follow-up shot...... first shot must do the job.