Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 20 Ga. USH & Slugs >

20 Ga. USH & Slugs

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

20 Ga. USH & Slugs

Old 11-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default 20 Ga. USH & Slugs

I've been using the Hornady SST's since I've had my H&R USHD. They've given me groups in the same hole and they've given me a few groups that I wasn't too pleased with. More often than not they shoot really impressive groups. I know there is talk of people using Lightfields and Copper solids out of their USH's. What does anyone have to say about either slug with their USH. Even pictures would be cool if available. I recently bought some Lightfields and the Copper solids will be close behind if I have any bad experiences with the SST's this season. Shotgun starts Sat. here in NY. I can't wait!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:29 PM
Spike

Default RE: 20 Ga. USH & Slugs

Troutman I have the 20 ga USH and have yet to get it sighted in. I have been shooting the SST's because of all the praises I have read and have shoot several boxes with no luck. I have changed my scope and double checked my rings and I still cant figure it out. My next step is to try another sabot slug, man what an expensive venture. Do you any suggestions?
Old 11-17-2008, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 20 Ga. USH & Slugs

rotorhead,
I've heard of guys having success with the remington copper solids and the lightfield hybreds. I recently bought a few packs of the lightfields because I was thinking of trying them after the season to see how they compare to the sst's. Also, I'm going to pick up a few boxes of the copper solids and do the same. My buddy uses the copper solids in his USHD 20 ga. He's shot two deer, one opening day and one this morning. He found the slug in the doe he got on opening day. It was a text book mushroom that was 100% still one piece. Cool to see. Anyways, I'll post any updates on performance once I have something walk in front of me. Good luck.