Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Building new AR-15 >

Building new AR-15

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Building new AR-15

Old 03-30-2003, 01:12 PM

Default Building new AR-15

I have always wanted a rifle that capable of shooting 1000 yds. something that' s
fun to shoot and very accurate. I' ll be using this for groundhogs and coyotes and with some more pratice maybe shoot in some matches. I have been listening to a couple guys at work talk about building a shooter. One of the guys is a known for his B/S the other is questionable. They are talking about a lower
half and then going this a different upper, with barrels of diffent twist. I want to
hear from some different sources, before starting this. Should I build or is this
worth getting into
Old 03-31-2003, 11:44 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Building new AR-15

Buy ya one from the factory with .5MOA guantee. You can really get into some money with the AR' s. If you want too. Skys the limit. Even with a colt upper, and krieger barrel, you can be disappointed with the performance.

If it was me, I would go with a bolt action. Cheaper and probably more success out of accuracy for the money. You can buy one from Fulton Armory with a great guantee and they do shoot well

www.fulton-armory.com

Old 03-31-2003, 01:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

there was just a big article in shotgun news a few months ago about these makers making accurized ars...they guarentee .50moa or something like that.....the test results were unbelieveable.....like .29 i htink i remember but might be wrong..i know one was .43 with a bad shooter...and none were over 2k...you can build one that will be pretty accurate for less but if you want it all they are the way to go...i cant remember their names or web addresses or find the magazine!!! do some searches...you will find them..one was something like les bauer or something.... i cant recall the other at all.....they are out there though....or you could build your own and pray it all like eachother and gives you an accurate gun
Old 03-31-2003, 01:42 PM
Typical Buck

Building one of these things is like any other hobby...if you' re into it the money is not the issue. I can just be a whole lot of fun and very rewarding.
Remember that these weapons were designed so a 19 year old soldier could deal with them. That being said...have fun and good " building" !
Why get one already finished while letting someone else have all the fun of building it ?! Do it your self!