Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Surrender your firearms >

Surrender your firearms

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Surrender your firearms

Old 11-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Surrender your firearms

I remember about 15 years or so back that louisville inplemented a gun buyback program. They were(to best of my memory) offering either 100$ or 150$. I thought this was a great chance to make some quick cash and rub they're noses in it so I ordered 50 ravens which at that time were wholesaling for around 25$ or 30$. according to THEIR rules they HAD to pay that cash for every working firearm. Yall should have seen their faces when I made them fill out the 4473s and handed them new ravens still in boxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also told every other dealer/smith about it so they could cash in on it too. Soon after that,they decided to discontinue the program.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

That's awesome stalkingbear.
I'll remember that one should something like that ever happen inmy neighborhood.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:03 PM

A prominent Medical Dr. in Montgomery told my sister that she should convert every thing she has into cash and put it into an offshore account. Also be ready to flee this country at a moments notice.
It seems that some well to do professionals are taking this situation very seriously, so I think we all should to!
I would likely choose to stay and fight rather than run and hide, even at my age.
My father would turn over in his grave if I refused to stand up for what I believe in and that includes this country and the second amendment.
As an after thought, when this problem is past into history, if we are still a free nation and not a group of subjects we need to get some laws passed that would prevent our so called free press from becoming a propaganda machine controlled by special interest. They have did us all a terible unjustice and it is unforgivable!
Old 11-01-2008, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

First of all, this will never happen in anyone on this forum's lifetime. I'm sick of hearing uninformed people say that Obama is going to "Take our guns away" if elected. It simply won't happen. He can't just decide one day that he wants to ban guns and it just happens. There's a lot of other really important people that also need to sign off on that before it would even get a peek atseeing thelight of day. And there'll never be that many people who agree to take a huge steaming pile of dung on the 2nd Ammendment of the Constitution.

But (hypothetically) if it were to happen, I would stand in the picket lines with all the other gun owners and protest. I would not, however, die trying to defend my right to bear arms. What good would I be to my wife and daughter if I was dead.
You sound like a big old sissy! I used sissy because what I wanted to say would have been marked out anyway. How many AMERICANS do you think have died in the past to protect your dumbass and protect your right to bear arms. Wake the @#$% up! ARE YOU FRENCH BY ANY CHANCE?!!

EDIT-WHAT GOOD ARE YOU TO YOUR WIFE AND DAUGHTER IF THEY KNOW YOU HAVE NO BACKBONE???
Well, being that I serve in your United States Marine Corps, I know probably better than you how many people have died defending your freedom and mine douche bag.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:15 PM

One way to possibly avoid that rediculous idea it to NOT vote for Barck Hussein Obama!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hillbillyjunkie

One way to possibly avoid that rediculous idea it to NOT vote for Barck Hussein Obama!!!
I totally agree. Even though I still don't think he'll take our guns away.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

SWThomas... Are you by chance from Michigan?
Old 11-02-2008, 12:41 PM

ORIGINAL: SWThomas

ORIGINAL: hillbillyjunkie

I totally agree. Even though I still don't think he'll take our guns away.
He might not take all guns away if he manages to get elected on Tuesday but he is most definitely in favor of banning a large number of guns people purchase today such as hand guns and semi automatics because those aren't considered to him as necessary for hunting purposes. He also wants to propose much stricter laws on background checks where you will have to wait a longer period of time after you fill out all the info before you can ever actually get the gun in your hands. I also see them limiting the number of guns you can purchase, especially in a certain period of time. Obama was voted as the most liberal democrat in office in 2007. This is a man that is 100% for giving full rights to young women to abort and kill babies for absolutely any reason at all during any period of pregnancy yet he feels it's gun rights which are presented in the constitution that need to be changed and taken away from. You guys just think they can't ever possibly do anything like take away your guns but your going to find out differently when you put men into power that are completely opposite on the views you believe in.

The conservation is even already taking away the rights of the landowner and doing things people a hundred years ago never thought could possibly happen. If you have a river that runs through your property the conservation owns that river and can tell you what you can and cannot do in it. That wasn't even conceivable a hundred or more years ago. This morning on the news they even said the conversation is going to start making the land owner purchase their deer tags just like everybody else if they can get it passed. That means your going to have to pay to kill the deer that fed and lived on your property all year long! You think the government can't start taking away more of your gun rights with the wrong man in power? I think anyone that believes that is just ignorant to the reality of whats taking place today.

Obama supporters spout off a lot of BS because they hang on every word the man says as though it were actually the truth but they never stop to actually look at the facts and the past history of this man. They want to just ignore the past and think he's somehow some kind of a new man now starting in 2008 because they're hung up on the word "change". Right now he's telling people what they want to hear in order to get the votes from the majority. You'll see a different man if he gets elected than what you see now because he's still the same man that voted for all the things he did as a state senator and he's still the same man that spent all those years of his life being taught and influenced by extremely radical black supremacists.

You can take a look here at how Barrack Obama already voted on gun laws:

http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/...un_Control.htm

If you want to keep your guns and preserve your rights you all better grow a set and stand up for those rights and get out and vote for McCain on Tuesday. And you better take everybody you know with you too and make them vote McCain as well because this is the most critical election in any of our lifetimes because of who's running.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will fight for my right to carry guns. The Constitution is more powerful than any law, government agency, or president.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

I remember about 15 years or so back that louisville inplemented a gun buyback program. They were(to best of my memory) offering either 100$ or 150$. I thought this was a great chance to make some quick cash and rub they're noses in it so I ordered 50 ravens which at that time were wholesaling for around 25$ or 30$. according to THEIR rules they HAD to pay that cash for every working firearm. Yall should have seen their faces when I made them fill out the 4473s and handed them new ravens still in boxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also told every other dealer/smith about it so they could cash in on it too. Soon after that,they decided to discontinue the program.

I'd say that was a very good return on your investment......

Quick Reply: Surrender your firearms

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.