Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Looking for a good concealed carry handgun >

Looking for a good concealed carry handgun

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Looking for a good concealed carry handgun

Old 03-25-2003, 07:53 PM

Default Looking for a good concealed carry handgun

Any good ones out there that are accurate
Old 03-25-2003, 08:22 PM

Default RE: Looking for a good concealed carry handgun

hmm im no expert but i would cast my vote on a Glock M20 in 10mm, defense or hunting, this round is the way to go, its also nuge tested, nuge approved.
Old 03-25-2003, 09:01 PM

Kimber Ultra Carry II in .45 ACP.

Accurate. Light. Battle proven round.
Old 03-25-2003, 09:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

I' ll go ahead and safely agree with the Country Boy. Anything Kimber will do fine for reliability and especially accuracy. (Something in an Officer or Commander style is more my line.)

But you should really clarify more what you' re lookin for.

Big, medium or small?

Semi-auto or revolver?

Composite, blue or stainless steel? (other colors may be available)

DA, SA? DA/SA?

I think you like most folks have got some idea or direction you' d like to head.

If you don' t narrow it down a little more, you' ll get replys ranging from a Jennings .22 Auto to a Ruger .480.

Old 03-25-2003, 09:58 PM

I agree with Uncle Matt. There are a ton of good concealed handguns out there can you narrow it down a little. The Glock 20 though a GREAT gun is too big for CCW in my book unless you live in a cold climate where wearing a BIG jacket all year around is o.k.

The baby Glocks, S&W J frames, Mid-Size Glocks, Mid-Size Sigs, Mid-Size Rugers, Taurus 85' s, H&K Compacts, Kimber mid-size and compact, Para-Ord, Mid-size & compact, Springfield mid-size & compact, etc.. all are great guns, you just need to find one that fit' s you, you feel comfortable with and feel safe with.
Old 03-26-2003, 06:41 AM

Just shot my Glock 23 in CCW class yesterday. Nice size to carry, gun is as accurate as my custom PPC revolver (at least to 50' indoors).
Old 03-26-2003, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

The new Mini-compact 1911 from springfield is what I' d be carrying if I had the money. I took one of my flush friends new one' s out a few times, it was as accurate as my full sized version and didn' t seem to kick much more, plus it really felt like I wasn' t carrying anything on my hip. But, I' m pretty biased when it comes to stacking anything against a 1911.
Old 03-26-2003, 12:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Get a Taurus titanium 2" .45 Colt!!
Old 03-26-2003, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like my Springfield Ultra Compact in .45 ACP, the only drawback is the weight, that gun in SS is beautiful, but heavy. For a duty weapon it' s good but concealed carry not the best choice. What do you prefer a semi auto or revolver, for the semi, I would say either .45 or .40 in the compact models, polymer would definitely be lighter. In a revolver I would say get a .357 snub nose and run .38 special +P ammo. Most would say buy a Smith but I like Rugers better. Keep in mind that if you ever do need to draw it, six rds is probably all you' ll need so I' ll lean towards the revolver to avoid the possibility of jamming at the worst possible moment.
Old 03-26-2003, 01:58 PM

I agree here. I recently got a Glock 23 and it' s very accurate plus it' s as compact as my .357 S&W-66 snubie. But any compact or mini-auto of good quality should do.
Just make sure you get one that fits your hand good, this is real important on downsized handguns. I would have liked one of the mini Glocks but my big paws won' t fit them right.

Quick Reply: Looking for a good concealed carry handgun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.