Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Guns
 WARNING!!!! Winchester 9410, Lever .410 >

WARNING!!!! Winchester 9410, Lever .410

Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

WARNING!!!! Winchester 9410, Lever .410

Old 12-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Spike

Default RE: For Trade.... Winchester 9410, Lever .410

Please to anyone buying this gun, make sure you see better pics. The gun showed up and it is not even close to the condition decribed. It is completely covered in rust, box has significant water damage. The gun needs completely redone. I have never been involved with a seller like this one as well. The transaction was completely ridiculous!!!!
Old 12-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Fork Horn

Copy of just a few emails between Myself and Mr. Isaac. Be your own judge! Read from the bottom up. Just for info these emails were written after he had dinked me twice on payment... [/align][/align]on Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 5:18 PM, DANNY E KIDD <[email protected]> wrote:

[blockquote]

Just ship the gun back. I will send FFL info. [/align][blockquote]

----- Original Message ----- [/align]From: Donnie Isaacs [/align]To: DANNY E KIDD [/align][/align]
[/align]
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:03 PM[/align]Subject: Re: Win. 9410[/align]
[/align]Reblue is going to cost $150-$200 depending on how deep the patena is. [/align][/align][/align][/align]

[/align]On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 9:36 PM, DANNY E KIDD <[email protected]> wrote:

[blockquote]

Please.... just give me a $figure. Or send it back. Whatever! [/align][blockquote]

----- Original Message ----- [/align]From: Donnie Isaacs [/align]To: DANNY E KIDD [/align][/align]
[/align]
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 10:17 PM[/align]Subject: Re: Win. 9410[/align]
[/align]To get it fixed is a complete reblue, which destroys the gun for collecting purposes. [/align][/align][/align]

[/align]On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 9:12 PM, DANNY E KIDD <[email protected]> wrote:

[blockquote]

Let me know how much it is to get it "fixed".[/align][blockquote]

[/align]
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 9:54 PM[/align]Subject: Re: Win. 9410[/align]
[/align]Marks on the gun and RUST are two completely different things. You did not state that in the ad. I am straight forward and easy to get along with as well. If I am keeping the gun, I want some money back to get it fixed, or I will send the rifle back to you for a refund less the shipping, its your call.[/align][/align][/align]

[/align]On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 7:57 PM, DANNY E KIDD <[email protected]> wrote:

[blockquote]Questions....
1. Did you ever at any point ask for a description of the gun? Ever?
2. Did you ever try to contact me?
3. Did you ever produce any information for me to contact you?
4. Did you ever ask what marks were on the gun?
5. Did you read the ad? Because I see on my photo copy of the money order, under comment you wrote "Win. 9410 NIB" is that what this is all about? You thought the gun was "New In Box"?
There was "no" misrepresentation of the gun, because there was never a description ever given to you to be misrepresented. And I take offense to the fact that you are saying I misled you. We did not even talk. The only thing you knew was that the 9410 was a used gun with some marks on it. And that is the "only" information you went on when you decided to buy the gun. We have never talked..... Each person who has ever contacted me about the gun (or any gun for that matter) has got a full disclosure of everything the gun was and wasn't. One guy, I sat the gun in my lap and went from butt to barrel describing it. I would have done the same... you just needed to call or communicate.

Copies of original emails:
"I will ship out gun next day".... If you have any questions or concerns please call me @ 419-603-0172.

I am just looking to confirm our deal. Send me an e-mail back just to solidify our deal. Or, let me know if there is a problem.

Again, I am just needing confirmation on this deal, as there were other people who are e-mailing that are interested in the gun. And I can tell them for sure its gone.

Thanks, Dan 419-603-0172, or call me.

[/align]3.
If you dont want it.... Please let me know...???
Dan.

[/align]4.

Again, you can call me and get a feel for who your dealing with, or say your "out". At this point nobody is out anything, but time.
So its your call... no pressure. Your either "in" or "out" let me know.

[/align]5.

I know I am sounding flippant..... but its not that hard of a process, I wish you would have called me or provided me a # to call you, so I could have eased your mind a little about this deal. I am as straight up as they come. But it is hard to convey that thru e-mail... Anyway, Yes, you can have the gun, again.....
[/align]end:

You see.. I tried to communicate with you... You did not. You bought the gun sight unseen, untold, uninformed. And yet, its my fault your not happy?

You bought an $1100 gun for $700 and was told the gun was used and had some marks on it, you should have expected marks on it and you should have inquired about them. It was not "NIB" and I never led you to believe it was.

Was I out of the ball park on the price... Absolutely not.. I had the gun appraised at Cabelas and was told if I was to sell it outright, I should ask in the area of $750. That was my starting price in the classified ad.

SO..... To make this right with you! What are you wanting? ....refund? .

Dan

----- Original Message ----- From: <[email protected]>
[/align]To: "DANNY E KIDD" <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 10:08 AM
Subject: RE: Win. 9410

[/align]
I will give you until tomorrow at noon to offer a resolution that suits us both, at that time I will notify my ATF agent and will be going to my attorney and filing a claim in small claims court. That will require you to make a trip to Missouri. I have tried to be nice about this, but it will not go away. Rust is not marks, no mention of rust was in the ad. Its your call, we can do this civil or we can do it legal.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 4:26 PM
To: Donnie Isaacs <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Win. 9410

The gun was advertised as used. The gun was not rusty. It had some marks (speckling) on the receiver. I clearly stated that the gun had marks... Did you ask about the marks? Did you talk to me? Did you ask about the box? To me, it is a very nice gun. If you are trying to say it was misrepresented, I do not agree.

Dan
----- Original Message -----
To: DANNY E KIDD
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 4:33 PM

The gun was never advertised as rusty. The box is not a big deal, the rust is. Something will be done one way or the other. I will give you a chance to make this right and then I will notify the ATF first, and then my attorney. The gun has rust all over it! It is ridiculous.

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 3:30 PM, DANNY E KIDD <[email protected]> wrote:

I gave very clear indications that the gun was used and had marks on it. This was mentioned in the add I posted..http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3112821

I dont know how you can say you werent aware. I also mentioned that the box was waterstained. I have saved every e-mail that went back and forth between us and You never ask one question about the condition of the gun. Not one...Did you even read the add I posted? You never called when I asked you to call. I bowed out of the deal twice and yet you persued. When you emailed back you still did not even ask for pics or for a description... The only thing you said or asked about the gun was " $700 shipped, I will take it"... This whole deal has been a fiasco... I am going to do nothing.

Dan
----- Original Message -----
To: DANNY E KIDD
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 2:18 PM

Danny,

I just got home from a hunt last night and the gun was there. I am not happy with it at all. The box has water damage and the rifle has patena (rust) all over it. Let me know what we are going to do.

Donnie

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 6:40 PM, DANNY E KIDD <[email protected]> wrote:

Donnie,
I am just looking to confirm our deal. Send me an e-mail back just to solidify our deal. Or, let me know if there is a problem.

Again, I am just needing confirmation on this deal, as there were other people who are e-mailing that are interested in the gun. And I can tell them for sure its gone.

Thanks, Dan 419-603-0172, or call me.

[/align][/align][/blockquote][/align][/align][/align][/blockquote][/align][/blockquote][/align][/align][/align][/blockquote][/align][/blockquote][/align][/align][/align][/blockquote][/align][/blockquote][/align]
Old 12-22-2008, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

This is what he calls rust all over... and this is what I called marks on the receiver.

Again, I have never talked with him. He would not call me or give me a number to call him.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

I hope everyone notices the ATF threats... ??? This is the type of person I was dealing with.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:08 AM

Followthe link below. There might be a pattern here.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2607774&mpage=1&key=&#260777 4
Old 12-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Boxerkidd

I hope everyone notices the ATF threats... ??? This is the type of person I was dealing with.
I don't think the ATF gives a rats' behind about whether or not this gun has rust on it or if the buyer was happy or not as long as all rules were followed during transfer. That's nothing more than blowing smoke unless he plans to file false charges of some sort.

I hope the two of you can work it out.

Personally, I'd never buy a gun without a more in depth description and a few pictures.
And I agree, I think there's a pattern.