Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Remington Wingmaster >

Remington Wingmaster

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington Wingmaster

Old 09-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Remington Wingmaster

You are correct, of course, about the forum. I lost track of which one I was on.

I do stand by my statement that a 2 3/4" receiver can be converted into a 3" (M) receiver.

There is one part to replace, the ejector spring, and one part, the receiver itself, to modify. (installing the ejector spring would be the hard part.)
All other parts are interchangeable between the two guns. 3" shells cycle fine in a 2 3/4" and are safe to shoot IF you have a 3" chambered barrel. The problem comes once it is shot, the spent hull is too long.

A quick search found this- http://www.ahlmans.com/shotgunalterations.html $65 seems a bit pricey what with shipping costs and the need for a 3" barrel after the conversion. There is no good reason to do this because you can just buy a factory 3" from the get go.

Bob

Old 09-27-2008, 04:11 PM
Banned

I'll still throw my 2 cents about the 3 1/2" on any forum. Thats how you convince someone with a 3" gun that they cant kill anything with it. Im telling you, its a beast.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

vabyrd,

I'm with you. If you're limiting your search to only 3-1/2" guns, then you're probably going to miss out on some great3" shotguns that are perfectly capable of killing geese. And, quite possibly, at better prices.