Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Great day guys! >

Great day guys!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Great day guys!

Old 03-15-2003, 10:53 AM

Default Great day guys!

Ive been looking for a new shotgun for deer. Anyways today i was talking to the neighbor lady, and it got brought up )her husband used to hunt) before he passed away, and she went in the house and came ack out with a gun case, with a remington 11-87 semi auto 12ga with fully rifled barrel, and it even has a sweet redfield scope on it!! I asked her if she was willing ot sell it, she said no, im giving it to you for all the work that ouve done for me lawn mowin in summer shoveling snow, leaves etc.She says i never paid yo to do those things, so consider this your payment! Being nice pays off fellas! Man it was nice to go to the bait shop and pick up 3 boxes of lightfield surpreme sabots, and not remington sluggers! Well its off to the range for me...one happy camper! The shotgun looks exactly like the one in the pic, just a few years older model and the scope is soo nice gathers light its a redfield accutrak im one happy lil sob!

Old 03-15-2003, 12:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Great day guys!

Deerhunter,

You are NOT a lucky guy. What goes around comes around. You did them well and OBVIOUSLY they did you well. Congratulations. Not just on a nice deer gun, but on being a valuable link in the karma chain.

It seems that you have done somethings well to arrive in this position. Now comes the most important part! Remember that everytime that you carry that gun into the woods, you will not be alone. You will have a true hunting partner in the spirit that is her husband! It is one of the greatest things you can do to keep a fellow (brother) hunter in the woods for many more years. It may seem strange, but, if you really listen deep within yourself and the winds you may indeed hear her husband tell you a little something to help your hunting endevours succeed. I know because I can always hear my own father (who has passed) speak to me in the woods. It is where I go to feel closest to him.

I guess what I' m trying to say is to hold that gun precious, as if your own Father or Grandfather handed it to you from his death bed.

When you wack that first deer please don' t forget to say a prayer with her husband and thank the Lord for all that is good! You will feel absolutely awesome, believe me!

Why not have her over for a nice venison roast dinner on a special day? It will help her to see and feel close again to the man she is probobly missin dearly.

When (if) you say that prayer, don' t forget a tissue. Even the biggest of men can suddenly have a tear roll on their cheek!

GOOD LUCK!

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 03-15-2003, 01:29 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-15-2003, 02:03 PM

More good news! Even after being dormant for a couple years, the scope is dead on, i shot 10 lightfields through it, and they were 2 inches high at 50yards, and dead on 100. Anybody recommend sabot slugs, im still experimenting with em, the lightfields were nice, i was looking at the remington core-lokt ones? any info on good sabots, im soo happy, when i first shot his gun, i didn' t feel it, i think its gas operated, almost no kick! lookout bucks..im not missin this year!! when i took it to the range, a buddy of mine cleans up shells on weekends told me that the gun was worth close to a grand if not more, i took it back to the neighbor and told her so, she looked at meand siad " i know what jim (her husband) paid for it, its yours, have it, be safe." Well at least now i can show up my buddies at the range!
Old 03-15-2003, 04:56 PM

DEERHNTR

congrats ! what comes around goes around. it does pay to help out other people. even though what happened to you has never happened to me yet
let us know how she shoots!
Old 03-15-2003, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good deeds do not go un-punished. Congratulations!
Old 03-15-2003, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

it pays to be nice....thats a nice gun you got there....take care of it and im sure it will take care of you...you sound like a good person...seems like these days thats hard to find....hope you find the right slugs....
Old 03-15-2003, 11:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck with your new shotgun!!