Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 thanks for all the help, you guys are great >

thanks for all the help, you guys are great

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

thanks for all the help, you guys are great

Old 11-04-2005, 01:18 PM

Default thanks for all the help, you guys are great

Thanks for all the help this forum has been a blessing for the rookie BP shooter I just orderd two sidekicks for me and my dad, he likes the wood/blue 26" barrel and I liked the synthetic/stainless 26" barrel, so we each got what we liked,I decided to go 26" just for versatility cause we do moose hunt and if I ever wanted to smokepole one I now have the option. cant wait to get them, thanks for all the help and just would like to give an early "sorry" for all the stupid question yet to come once I get them lol.... :lol:
p.s I orderd them from bass pro and stayed very close to th 400 budget I was trying to maintainboth rifles shipped 403$,
Old 11-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: thanks for all the help, you guys are great

Good luck with the new guns. Make sure you get out there with your dad this year and get one on the ground
Old 11-04-2005, 08:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: thanks for all the help, you guys are great

Sounds like you made a great choice. I am sure you and your father will really enjoy shooting muzzleloader. After I started shooting them the center fire rifles got real lonely.

Also, there is no stupid question. This is a sport where someone worried they might look silly asking a question, could get hurt not knowing that fact. My buddy calls these muzzleloader,shooting pipe bombs, and in a way he is kind of correct. For that reason if you do not know something, ask. All of us here are more then glad to explain it to you or give you our views. That way your pipe bomb does not blow up in your face...

I think you are really going to enjoy your rifles. Be sure to keep us posted on them. Smoking a moose would be excellent. I've used centerfire rifles when I hunted them but never a smokepole yet.