Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Need suggestions for airline travel rifle case >

Need suggestions for airline travel rifle case

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Need suggestions for airline travel rifle case

Old 03-15-2003, 06:34 AM

Default Need suggestions for airline travel rifle case

ANyone have a favorite rifle case for airline travel. I would like to spend less than 150$ So that eliminates pelican/browning although those are really high quality
Old 03-15-2003, 08:53 AM

Default RE: Need suggestions for airline travel rifle case

Ive got one of the aluminum cases that Cabela' s sells for their brand. Five airplane rides and the baggage handlers havent been able to tear it up yet. I always put duct tape around the latches after checking in at the airport. That seems to protect them when sliding along the ramps. I dont remember what I paid for it, but seems like it was less than 150. Good luck.
Old 03-15-2003, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you plan to travel more than one time on a hunt " SPEND MORE THAN $150" on a case! I use the Cabela' s case also and it' s around $200 now and well worth the extra cash...
Old 03-15-2003, 12:14 PM

what about SKB, I have heard they are good and priced in my range?
Old 03-15-2003, 01:38 PM

I spent 18$ at walmart on an airline aprove and crush proof case. It work just great and holds two guns. Cant go wrong.
Old 03-15-2003, 02:45 PM

The SKB cases are real nice. They have a lot of experience in shipping cases, nut just with the guns. Very sturdy, don' t think you' ll regret buying one of theirs. Another option, I' ve seen some Winchester branded cases that look pretty good. They have a metal appearance, don' t think its actually metal. A plus with those cases is that you have a combination lock in addition to the key lock. I don' t think that there' s too many different cuts of suitcase keys out there, given that they' re only about a 1/4" long.
Old 03-15-2003, 03:38 PM

Skb .guarantee locks and hinges if broken they will replace it.
Old 03-16-2003, 10:06 AM

I have an SKB bow case and a Winchester gun case(thanks to the in-laws for the latter). The SKB getsw packed in the back of the pickup for the annual bowhunt trip ti Michigan. (1000 miles from here). I know for sure that the SKB will hold up to some abuse(thanks to buddies trying to break it for me, their jealous). The Winnie is made from aluminum around the edges and some type of ribbed rubber covering the rest. It seems very durable except for the locks, like someone said earlier. Anyway, they are both good for me. Hope this helps.
Old 03-16-2003, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

I have an SKB double gun case and a SKB bow/gun combo case. Both are well worth the money!! The dbl gun case has wheels at one end which makes it great for dragging through an airport and it allow for two scoped rifles which makes it great for big game hunts when you want to have a back-up rifle!!
Old 03-16-2003, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

SKB. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Need suggestions for airline travel rifle case

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.