Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Remington No Warning ? >

Remington No Warning ?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington No Warning ?

Old 09-01-2008, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default Remington No Warning ?

Sometimes I see olderremington bolt actions for sale on internet gun sites described as having No Warning. What does this mean? Thanks.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Remington No Warning ?

There were some productionyears with flaws that made them go off spontaniously,not touching the trigger or anything with "no warning". My buddy has one.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

There were some productionyears with flaws that made them go off spontaniously,not touching the trigger or anything with "no warning". My buddy has one.
The vast majority of those problems were caused by people that had no clue what they were doing adjusting triggers,or oiling triggers so that they gummed up and became unsafe.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: redka

Sometimes I see olderremington bolt actions for sale on internet gun sites described as having No Warning. What does this mean? Thanks.
http://www.firearmsid.com/Recalls/FA_Recalls%204.htm
Old 09-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Fork Horn

Thank you all.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

The accepted meaning of "No warning" when referring to guns is that the model/year of gun was produced prior to warning labels being placed on the barrel. It has nothing to do with safety and is simplya premium being placed on guns that don't havewarning labels such as ruger's etc imprinted onthe barrel which many feeldetract from the beauty of the firearm while adding no safety value. Basically they are selling agun as it would look without the idiotwarning. To some collectors/ shooters it is sort of like buying a porsche with a big label across the hood that says people who come in contact with the front of your car when its moving may suffer serious injury, not really needed and sure is ugly.take care.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

The vast majority of those problems were caused by people that had no clue what they were doing adjusting triggers,or oiling triggers so that they gummed up and became unsafe.
I know exactly what your talking about!I have a Rem 700 and was at the range and when i fliped the saftey off the gun fired.Scared the crap out of me.So i chamber another round and flip the saftey off again and BOOM!I was ready that time.I took it to my gunsmith and he said that the saftey and trigger housing and componets had been gummed up by someone oiling it too much.He fixed it and told me to spray WD-40 in down the saftey 1 a year or so.And he said if it does it agian that it i will have to be repaced.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:38 PM

WD-40 in a safety/trigger mechanism....there's a realbright gunsmith.