Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 poll! best quality scope >

poll! best quality scope

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

poll! best quality scope

Old 03-12-2003, 03:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default poll! best quality scope

Ok, it seems there has been alot of question to scopes and who' s better. I know everyone has their favorites for certain shooting endevours, but who do you thing is the BEST all round scope manufacturer out there. Take into account history, optics, durability, warranty, price, looks, etc...I' m sure this will be interesting to say the least. I' ll start it off with saying I like Leupold the best[8D]Just love what you get for the price (litte $$ = fair scope, Lots $$$$$ great scope), and that gold ring looks real purty on my gun. I' d love to hear what you fellas have to say...and no bashing, just what you like THE BEST. JDinAB
Old 03-12-2003, 04:03 PM

Default RE: poll! best quality scope

For the price, Leupold is my favorite. If price is no concern then Swarovski, Kiehles, and Zeiss are top shelf.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

Leupold
Old 03-12-2003, 04:55 PM

LEUPOLD-- excellent warranty and made in the USA
Old 03-12-2003, 05:11 PM

ZEISS IMO

but Leupold will win this hands down.
The reasons are
1) they have a loyal following
2) the make good products at the lower end and in the middle and towards the high end---a scope for everyone
3)warranty/customer service

While I personally don' t think they are the best optically---overall they have and can do pretty much anything you need.

Zeiss, now that they offer a lower priced line--Conquest, is catching up in the american market. Once people start seeing these round and looking through them, I think they will put a dent in the vx-3' s sales. I hear they are selling like hot cakes

Burris and Nikon also make low to high end scopes but I think leupold has the most fans
Old 03-12-2003, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is tough, for me I have been very satisfied with Leupold, Bushnell Elites and recently (although in marraige phase) my Burris Sign. Series. For arguements sake I will leave Burris off the list, since our relationships is only 7 months

Leupold make a good product, CS is probably the best in the biz. Not many can argue the turn around of 2 weeks on leupold scope failure. Warranty is lifetime and transferable - very good for orginal owner and awesome for resale value, as well next owner or owners. Product is reliable, optics are good, excellent eye relief, light transmission good and very loyal following. However up here they cost a pretty penny, so they ain' t cheap by no stretch. To me the Varix III is a great hunting scope. But, I also don' t believe the VX 1 or VX II are quality...I am sorry those who disagree. For the money your chucking out for the Loopy name and warranty, my vote would go to the Bushnell Elite series. I mean for the buck there ain' t much better folks. The knock on the elites is weight, eye relief and overall styling (with the 50 objective). Found them to be very clear, bright and in my experience reliable. They now have fast focus models(like zeiss) and rainguard is standard on the 3200 & 4200 models. Pretty impressive for price. Almost all scope have Lifetime warranty now a days, but still only a few offer transferable, like leupold, zeiss, swarovski...that is a big plus. Bushnells CS in my case was outstanding, I had a problem with my elite and they told me to goto the closest dealer and they would fix me up, done! I was very impressed as season was right around the corner.

However since I have a budget I would lean towards a Leupold Vari x III or Zeiss Conquest at this point. (By the way I love my signature series Burris, however it is a bit heavier than the two mentioned and finding them here is pretty hard)

Here is my thoughts:

Higher range scope(price is not an option)

German - Swarovski, S&B, top end Zeiss

Higher range (But price is a ?)
Leupold Varix III
Zeiss Conquest

Medium Range Scope
Bushnell Elite 4200

Low-Medium
Bushnell 3200
Old 03-12-2003, 08:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

For me the obvious answer is swarovski.They have lenses and coatings better than any of the asian products(including those used by leupold)which make them brighter and clearer.I only buy top end scopes so lower priced optics are of little interest to me.
Old 03-12-2003, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pentax. Good luck.
Old 03-12-2003, 09:54 PM

Nightforce optics win hands down if money isn' t an issue. if it is i would by one of the european brands like swaro, zeiss or khales. leupys are great to but there are deffinatly better scopes out there.

Old 03-12-2003, 11:02 PM

Leupold,
EKM

Quick Reply: poll! best quality scope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.