Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 SAVAGE VS REMINGTON THE HN SHOWDOWN!!! >

SAVAGE VS REMINGTON THE HN SHOWDOWN!!!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

SAVAGE VS REMINGTON THE HN SHOWDOWN!!!

Old 09-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SAVAGE VS REMINGTON THE HN SHOWDOWN!!!

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

I know where you're comeing from with the advirtising but I have first hand expirence with my own rifles.
It would be great if you sir could get your hands on a sampling of Savage rifles off the shelf and test them along side the more honorable names and give us a report on just how bad the Savage brand let us down.
I think though that other makers might do well to copy the Savage design as a way to control cost instead of resorting to plastic receivers and such. Instead many makers are simply pricingsome of us out of their market, which will help to serve the anti-gun movement agenda.

I have enjoyed this thread. And a lot of what some people have posted here is the truth.

I can see two flaws in this post however. 1. Plastic Receivers?? 2. Savage has taken the largest price increase. Definitely percentage wise. HE** a Savage with a HS Precision stock costs more than a Remington with a HS Precision stock. The Remington SPS is comparably priced with 110's if you do a little shopping. And 15 years ago the Remington was 2 to 3 times as much. Savage rifles are not as cheap as people think. IMO Mossberg now has that title. Tom.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:31 PM

Upping the price of admission don't always make the show a block buster, tho' many will pay it as they couldn't know the difference......

A Hugo with new paint and a leather upgraded interior, will likelyonly make it ashiney, comfyHugo....despite how good the radio turns out to be.

Savage is bargain basement quality regardless.......
Old 09-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think this is getting a little ridiculous. I think that most people can agree that either the Savage or the Remington (not to mention most any other rifle maker) is accurate enough to kill game.
As to the petty differences that are going on....who cares? The Savage brand has a reputation for accuracy you cannot get accuracy with bargain basement quality.The Remington brandhas probably the most built on action out there, you can't get that without a good design........let it go.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:17 AM

Posts like yours are rediculous.....who made you the Post Police?

You can kill game with a stick and a rock, and often with just a rock....and a minivan trumps both by awide margin.

Were "accuracy" the only criterea worth judging then likely no argument would ever ensue, but it's not, and an argument can't be avoided....give or take.

Lemme know when they bring Hugo's to NASCAR, then we can talk the nuances of good Savage design.............
Old 09-02-2008, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Posts like yours are rediculous.....who made you the Post Police?

You can kill game with a stick and a rock, and often with just a rock....and a minivan trumps both by awide margin.

Were "accuracy" the only criterea worth judging then likely no argument would ever ensue, but it's not, and an argument can't be avoided....give or take.

Lemme know when they bring Hugo's to NASCAR, then we can talk the nuances of good Savage design.............
+1 I guess a lot of people still don't GET it
Old 09-02-2008, 06:40 AM
MagnumMan308

Its Yugo, not Hugo

Old 09-02-2008, 07:36 AM

Laffin'......
Old 09-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not a very bright post. Not once did I mention the Savage design as being great or even good, so your Hugo analogy does not belong.
I did mention thatSavage has a reputation for accuracy, glad you could not refute that. I also mentioned that Remington has a good design, but you seemed to gloss over that fact. Personally I could care less what you want to use, but to bash someone elses choice for such a trivial thing is ludicrous.
Hey if you want to spend more money to kill the same game just becauseyou like thedesign thats your choice, just don't bash people for being smart with their money.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Head I wondered when someone would mention how expensive the Savage rifles are now. Remington has caught hell for raising their prices but Thavage has went thru the roof!!

Old 09-03-2008, 06:25 AM

Do tell how buying a pisspoor design at an inflated cost is somehow being smart with one'smoney?

The attributes of the 700 action is world renowned, both in it's basic factory state, and in many copied forms....

Noone else copies a Savage......noone.

Ask any custom smith to build on a Savage, and you'll realize why.....

If you relish towin' your line with a Savage then by all means do so, just don't compare it to a 700 in the same light...because you simplycan't.

Quick Reply: SAVAGE VS REMINGTON THE HN SHOWDOWN!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.