Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 SAVAGE VS REMINGTON THE HN SHOWDOWN!!! >

SAVAGE VS REMINGTON THE HN SHOWDOWN!!!

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

SAVAGE VS REMINGTON THE HN SHOWDOWN!!!

Old 09-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SAVAGE VS REMINGTON THE HN SHOWDOWN!!!

If a remingon is so picky that it requires a marksman and handloads to shoot well it's a POS and not the shooter. If a Savage or anythng else groups MOA with out of the box ammo and joe blow pulling the trigger, its a shooter and a keeper.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot If a Savage or anythng else groups MOA with out of the box ammo and joe blow pulling the trigger, its a shooter and a keeper.

I have been around a bunch of shooters and firearms. And I can guarantee you one thing. Joe Blow is not shooting MOA in any rifle with factory ammo!! Neither Remington or Savage.

There may be some people doing it. But I would bet hard earned money that the majority are not. Most people consider a group as being 5 shots in succession, and being able to repeat that 5-10 times. Personally I feel a 3 shot group is acceptable. But it has to be repeatable 5 to 10 times. I have not seen very many Joe Blow's do this. Tom.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:10 AM
DM

[/align][/align] DM[/align]
Old 09-06-2008, 11:17 AM

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot If a Savage or anythng else groups MOA with out of the box ammo and joe blow pulling the trigger, its a shooter and a keeper.

I have been around a bunch of shooters and firearms. And I can guarantee you one thing. Joe Blow is not shooting MOA in any rifle with factory ammo!! Neither Remington or Savage.

There may be some people doing it. But I would bet hard earned money that the majority are not. Most people consider a group as being 5 shots in succession, and being able to repeat that 5-10 times. Personally I feel a 3 shot group is acceptable. But it has to be repeatable 5 to 10 times. I have not seen very many Joe Blow's do this. Tom.
Marksmanship is a dying art. How many hunting rifles made today even come with iron sights? Even muzzleloaders are shooting with scopes now. Shameful. I won't let my kid shoot with a scope until he proves he can shoot without one.