Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 has anything like this happend to you >

has anything like this happend to you

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

has anything like this happend to you

Old 07-31-2008, 10:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: has anything like this happend to you

Had a guy walk up to a duck blind in a red sweat shirt the birds had quit about an hr before ,so itwasn't a big deal but the guy was an Autabon Soc. guy anddidn't grasp that he was breaking the law even though he was "bird watching" because he was disrupting a lawful hunt .

Heck if you shot a bad guy or were shot by a bad guy it might be decades before somebody tripped over you .

Rember that Fosset fellow that went missing in his buddies airplane last year ?That's my big game area .
Old 08-01-2008, 08:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

ya a guy said something odd to me one day kind of threatning.
i looked at him said buddy there a lot of old pits thatare swampsthat are 1 mile of the road walking only i coulddrop you in and no one would ever find you.
govt land swamp un fishable no hunting near by cause it i sso wet

Thats why i carried a gun in ky you could get shot even a flesh wound and beeld to death days before anyone would find you.
It is a little better here is sullivan still to closes to the ky border
ORIGINAL: harter66

Had a guy walk up to a duck blind in a red sweat shirt the birds had quit about an hr before ,so itwasn't a big deal but the guy was an Autabon Soc. guy anddidn't grasp that he was breaking the law even though he was "bird watching" because he was disrupting a lawful hunt .

Heck if you shot a bad guy or were shot by a bad guy it might be decades before somebody tripped over you .

Rember that Fosset fellow that went missing in his buddies airplane last year ?That's my big game area .
Old 08-01-2008, 09:50 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Briman

Yep, its very illegal in my state.

Wasn't a whole lot that could be done though- we were 7-8 miles from the nearest town and this was in the latte 1990s when cell phone ownership wasn't as rampant as today (I still don't own one).
Couldn't call the game warden but a knife through a tire'd be a pretty good lesson. Not that im advocating illegal actions or anything...just hypotheticaly that would make me giggle. See how much they like nature when they have to walk 8 miles in their hippy sandals.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:01 PM

Stuff like this happens here every year. A guy shoots a deer, another hears the shot and goes over and takes the deer at gunpoint. This would be a nice place to film a sequel to Deliverance if they ever made one. I am very careful bringing an animal out, even on private land. I always have a hand cannon on me, and prefer to conceal it, even in the woods.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

I have stubled on to very small like 8 foot pot patches here in MI before and wasn't to worried about my safty. It tells me their trying to be low key and are plaing the %'s. If I ran into something larger I would think these guy's think there gangsters and would acted so with no reguad to life, funny thing is there their own worst eniemy as to there own illegel op's.

Had some snowmoblers circle my truck for say 15 minutes one December screaming I might as well go home the deer are all gne now! I was some 500 yards away in a cedar swamp and they did me no harm.

I did have a very large ten point stoolen while I was getting permission to go onto the privite property it did die. They dragged it into the river and floated it down stream 200 yards before leaving the river. It was just 20 degrees that day. It died less than 60 yards from a two track but where they left the river it was now about 150 yards through some very thick brush. Why someone wants a deer someone else shoot no matter how big it is is beond me.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: TJEN

I have stubled on to very small like 8 foot pot patches here in MI before and wasn't to worried about my safty. It tells me their trying to be low key and are plaing the %'s. If I ran into something larger I would think these guy's think there gangsters and would acted so with no reguad to life, funny thing is there their own worst eniemy as to the succes of their own illegel op's.

Had some snowmoblers circle my truck for say 15 minutes one December screaming I might as well go home the deer are all gne now! I was some 500 yards away in a cedar swamp and they did me no harm.

I did have a very large ten point stoolen while I was getting permission to go onto the privite property it did die. They dragged it into the river and floated it down stream 200 yards before leaving the river. It was just 20 degrees that day. It died less than 60 yards from a two track but where they left the river it was now about 150 yards through some very thick brush. Why someone wants a deer someone else shoot no matter how big it is is beond me.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Many moons ago I won a Golden Retriever pup in a raffle. Took her out late season pheasant hunting in NJ . There was about 1/2 foot of snow on the ground. It was a good friend and I and the dog looking for pheasants that day. Coincidentally it was also muzzleloader season at the time . After about an hour of hunting with no success we ran into a very nice deerblood trail and the dog started following it. I put the leash on her and off we went . About 100 yards up the hill another hunter asked if we had seen a little spike buck he had shot and we showed him the trail. We had heard someone shoot about 15 minutes previously and it was indeedhim. Weall thenfollowed the trail the rest of the way up the hill and poof it vanished at the top of the hill except for a very big pool of blood. We also noticed drag marks down the hill along with a a new set of footprints. The Hunter we were with followed the drag marks down the hill and about 5 minutes later we heard screaming and cussing. We knew what had happened. When we got there the 2 were wrestiling and the freshly killed buck was nearby about to be field dressed by the thief. We broke the fight up but the original shooter was pissed when the other guy who did no shooting wouldn't give up the deer. We asked him nicely to hand it over because it was the right thing to do and he refused. At this point the original shooter pulled out his hunting knife and tjhreatened the "Thief" . Before he had a chance to move my friend shot over their heads about 10 feet from them and then threatened to shoot both of them if they continued this nonsense.Cell phones had not been invented otherwise we would have called the Cops or a Game warden. Had we not been there someone would have been killed or left for dead in the woods.Anyway It was a sorry excuse for sportsmanship I have ever seen yet to this day excpet maybe the lunatic that mistook my dog for a pheasant and amost shot the dog and yours truly. I remember it well "Oh I thought the dog was pheasant" as the dog ran thru a hedgerow. a 55 lb golden retriever I guess could be mistaken for a pheasant. [:@]Myhunting partner told him in no certain termsthat there would be no mistake when his shotgun barrel was shoved up his posterior and the trigger pulled. As a result of these 2wonderful experiencesI trust no one except my best friend or my family when I go hunting and I am picky with whom I hunt with. I swing wide of other hunters and hopefully have not had cross hairs put on me anytime in my life but I wouldn't bet the house either.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:34 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

when i was hunting in KY my second year the area i hunted had alot of moonshiners and pot growers. even some people that might shoot you if they thought you might cross there property line.
This story is a bunch of BS. How old are you again?

I grew up in Ky, and when I travel out of state, seems everyone has these potgrowing/moon shing huntingstories who say they hunt the state. Yea right.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

ya i watched that movie with my dad a few years ago and he said i would like to go down there and go rafting i said over my dead body.
ORIGINAL: BigTiny

Stuff like this happens here every year. A guy shoots a deer, another hears the shot and goes over and takes the deer at gunpoint. This would be a nice place to film a sequel to Deliverance if they ever made one. I am very careful bringing an animal out, even on private land. I always have a hand cannon on me, and prefer to conceal it, even in the woods.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

a little weed killer would solve that proplem
ORIGINAL: TJEN

I have stubled on to very small like 8 foot pot patches here in MI before and wasn't to worried about my safty. It tells me their trying to be low key and are plaing the %'s. If I ran into something larger I would think these guy's think there gangsters and would acted so with no reguad to life, funny thing is there their own worst eniemy as to there own illegel op's.

Quick Reply: has anything like this happend to you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.