Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Guns
 Scammers on the Forums >

Scammers on the Forums

Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

Scammers on the Forums

Old 07-29-2008, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scampers on the Forums

ORIGINAL: kennisondan

I would call the local police there for some help and contact the postal service.. even if it is not a usps MOrder using the mail to scam is a federal crime.. also the ATF would want to know about a stolen gun had it been a gun deal... local members in that locale that happen to be law enforcement officers could work magic for you...
hope that helps.
dk

good idea
Old 07-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Spike

Default RE: Scammers on the Forums

Hey!! If you have the guys address, any saved communications of the deal, get it immediately to the USPS, I'm certain that is considered as mail fraud=federal offense! GOOD LUCK !! Nail 'em!!
Old 07-31-2008, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

GUYS, USE PAYPAL!!!!!!

Seriously, there is no way I would do a deal with someone on the net without it. With paypal you have recourse if they cheat you!!!! If the seller gripes about the 3% or whatever it is I would suggest you pay it. It's asmall price to pay to ensure peace of mind.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:32 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: robbcayman

GUYS, USE PAYPAL!!!!!!

Seriously, there is no way I would do a deal with someone on the net without it. With paypal you have recourse if they cheat you!!!! If the seller gripes about the 3% or whatever it is I would suggest you pay it. It's asmall price to pay to ensure peace of mind.
I just went thru thier claims process. Its a bear and take forever. Paypal will do anything to keep from eating it, and will only let you have protection if you buy thru ebay. I ended up going thru my credit card company and they deleted the charges. Paypal will not protect you.

Old 08-02-2008, 05:14 AM
Spike

I've been burnt on e-bay once but never ona gun forum yet. If it's for something cheap I don't worry to much. But of the few rifle trades I've made I made sure they didn't liveso far away so that I wouldn't want to make a drive to retrieve my stuff.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: robbcayman

GUYS, USE PAYPAL!!!!!!

I just went thru thier claims process. Its a bear and take forever. Paypal will do anything to keep from eating it, and will only let you have protection if you buy thru ebay. I ended up going thru my credit card company and they deleted the charges. Paypal will not protect you.
Hmmm. Ibetter nothave that problem. I work for a large Plaintiff law firm, so if they ever try anything I will make even more money off of them.

Obviously, they have to worry about scammers, so that is why the process takes a long time. My buddy was scammed on ebay by a guy and they ended up giving him his money back.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

he wouldn`t take paypal.... he wanted m/o for payment...
Old 08-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did olcrip get his scope? Where are we at with this thing?
Old 08-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Scammers on the Forums

did the check bounce i know a guy that sold a jet ski engine gets a cert. check one month later and the guys want him to forward 3700 to the shipping country to bring it to Nigeria. the check was washed
ORIGINAL: Buckhunter46755

Darn, I'm sorry to hear this.... it SUCKS to say the least. What a piece of sh*t, that guy. I ran into a scam on Auction Arms where a guy wanted to buy a ML, but then said his "associate" sent too much money (money order) and I needed to send the balance to his attorney. and could keep an extra $50 for the trouble. blah blah blah..... I emailed him back and said that the deal was really starting to stink. Needless to say, I never heard from him again and never recieved any postal MO. I will only accept a POSTAL MONEY order or PAYPAL when dealing online...still doesn't totally protect us though.

chris
Old 08-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

Did olcrip get his scope? Where are we at with this thing?

Olcrip received his scope on 29 AUG 2008. Posted receipt on all huntersnest's threads and forgot this one.

I see that Bigtime6656 has chimed in and accused TrophyHunter of being a thief because the scope was delivered on 29 AUG 2008. He owes TrophyHunter an apology! Fullcircle got his funds returned but not TrophyHunter. Time to apply more pressure on huntersnest for the refund to TrophyHunter.

Quick Reply: Scammers on the Forums

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.