Bushmaster/Cobb BA-50 Leupold Mark 4 8.5x25x50 LR/T M1 Badger Ordnance Max50 rings The adustable Magpul PRS......... http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f268/dubbleA/IMG_8018.jpg The business end............." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 50 BMG aNyOnE? >

50 BMG aNyOnE?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

50 BMG aNyOnE?

Old 06-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 50 BMG aNyOnE?

What does one hunt with a 50BMG......steam rollers? dump trucks? or the occasional M1A Abrams tank?

That is a seriously nice piece of artillery! Congrats on your purchase.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

Just kidding with my earlier response, nice gun doubleA
Old 06-23-2008, 08:49 PM
EKM
Typical Buck

What does one hunt with a 50BMG......steam rollers? dump trucks? or the occasional M1A Abrams tank?
Anything one wants!

We've debated hauling in our Barrett 99 to hunt elk just for grins, problem is it would take another horse, and some how everyone just gets tired thinking about it.

BTW, that is a great looking piece.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Typical Buck

Really just got the 50 the shoot some LR paper and bang some steel. My nephew and I had a chance to get things rolling shooting Barrett's M33 661gr to start out with, we had no problem dialing in on a 8x14 inch plate at 530 yards. I have a bit of work to do at greater distances due to getting some good size berms put up. I sure do want those slugs zipping through our pastures. While there is some pretty stout muzzle blast, the recoil is nothing. It does kick up debris while shooting prone off the ground, even off a shooting mat. All in all, it's fun to shoot and it wont be to long that I will be handloading for it.
Here's a pic of of a LE friend of mine just after clanging steel.

Old 06-24-2008, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Double A , that’s either a small man or a big gun...