Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Purse Pistol >

Purse Pistol

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Purse Pistol

Old 06-05-2008, 11:01 AM

Default Purse Pistol

Hey all..

Looking for a little purse pistol for my ladie. something in a .380 i would suspect. throw out your help here!

John
Old 06-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Purse Pistol

Ruger LCP I plan on getting one for my wife soon. Very similar to the Kel-Tec but from the reviews a bit better. They are a hot commodite right now so if you see it grab it.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:09 PM

I have a keltec P3AT second generation that has been very reliable.I have had one failure to feed in about 350 rounds and that was after it had been in my pocket for about 2 months and then had about 75 rounds through it at the range so the feedrampwas a little dirty.

I bought my wife a Beretta Tomcat 32acp to carry. It has been flawless in operation. It is heavier so I didn't like it for the pocket but it fits fineinside a leather holster she haspinned to the inside of her purse. When its in the holster there is no fumbling around asshe always knows where to reach for it if ever needed.

I would do some research on the Ruger LCP. I have read on other boards, don't have first hand knowledge though, that the first batch out the doorhadsome problems feeding. It looks like it is going to be a verygood ccw and I plan on watching themcarefully as I like the Ruger and will probably get onewhen it appears all kinks are worked out and the demand dies down a little and there are some deals.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

If it is going to be a true purse pistol then forget about the autos and get a hammerless 5 shot .38 special revolver.

One of the benefits to a woman carrying a gun in her purse is the ability to fire that gun from inside her purse should she not havethetime to retrieve it from her purse and take aim. Alsothe would be attacker has no idea what-so-ever. A revolver will be able to fire all of its rounds where as a semi-auto will get off a single shot and likely jam.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

If my or my families life depend on apistol to work... It will be a wheel gun. Plain and simple
Old 06-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

If it is going to be a true purse pistol then forget about the autos and get a hammerless 5 shot .38 special revolver.

One of the benefits to a woman carrying a gun in her purse is the ability to fire that gun from inside her purse should she not havethetime to retrieve it from her purse and take aim. Alsothe would be attacker has no idea what-so-ever. A revolver will be able to fire all of its rounds where as a semi-auto will get off a single shot and likely jam.
I have to agree with Bigbulls. It would beallot safer carrying a revolver then a semi auto,plus the reliability.That little Ruger even though I haven't seen one yet sounds to be a decent little gun. I personally want more then a 380 for a carry gun. That's just a matter of opinion and everyone has different opinions. Smith makes hammerless and shrouded "J" frames that would be a much better choice for a purse gun.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:38 PM

They also make purses specially designed for concealed carry if you are interested in that. That way your gun just doesn't lay in there with the other crap. They are pretty nifty I always thought. Keeping a gun in your purse probably is one of the worst ideas I could think of for personal defense though, be it a revolver or semi auto. If someone robs you at gun point and takes your purse, guess what, they just got your gun as well. Have you ever seen a woman try to find something in her purse? I really can't see them fiddling around looking for a gun, then grasping it, pointing it and firing in nearly enough time to accomplish something.

My opinion anyway.

Paul