Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Guns
 BAD TRADER WARNING >

BAD TRADER WARNING

Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

BAD TRADER WARNING

Old 06-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BAD TRADER WARNING

ORIGINAL: 24wayne

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

....I talked to Scott two nights ago and he told me he had refunded your money and had sent it regestered mail so you could track it ... I just cant figure out what is going on here ...in any case I feel for you bro ...

dd
dd,

Thanks for the info but I have received nothing from Scott at all - no dies, no refund, and no tracking number.I have sent two emails since June 1 and called three times and left messages. I have heard nothing.

All Scott has to do is email, call, or post the info to track his shipment yet he has done none of that. As someone that has sold many things to many people I would certainly have posted that information for anyone questioning my integrity to see that I did indeed send the item as promised or in this case the supposed refund. It's a simple thing to do and it ends everything as tracking information is capable of being searched by anyone and they would clearly see that whatever you sent has either been shipped or has arrived.

It is very clear to me what is going on here, Scott has lied to me, kept my money, and I have now waited two months for something (either dies or refund) that will obviously never arrive. If he were truly honest and everything is as he says it is, he would be eager to post the tracking information for his supposed registered mail shipment to clear this up. I checked Scott's user id (tess31470) and found he hasn't logged on or posted since 6/1/08.

Again, this situation is very easy to clear up here if he just posts, calls, or sends me the tracking info instead of spinning stories. As I posted before, I've been ripped off but I know that should anything ever arrive I will be a man and post the info. I would love to be wrong but so far...I have been 100% right.

Wayne
Wayne this is just my own thinking ...nothing that Scott has said to me ...but after all the name calling and accusations he might feel that he really has nothing to gain buy trying to make things right with you ...he looses either way after everything that has been posted here ...Im not sure what happend ...not sure if he jerked your chainfrom theget go or ifyou jumped to conclusions and made premature accusations on here... I do know that regardless he should do the right thing and send you your money back even if you have trashed him on here ...two wrongs dont make a right!

dd
Old 06-22-2008, 09:07 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath
Wayne this is just my own thinking ...nothing that Scott has said to me ...but after all the name calling and accusations he might feel that he really has nothing to gain buy trying to make things right with you ...he looses either way after everything that has been posted here ...Im not sure what happend ...not sure if he jerked your chainfrom theget go or ifyou jumped to conclusions and made premature accusations on here... I do know that regardless he should do the right thing and send you your money back even if you have trashed him on here ...two wrongs dont make a right!

dd
I sent my money to Scott on 5/9/08. He received it on 5/13/08 and I posted on here on 6/1/08 that I had received nothing allowing others to beware when dealing with him. I have never felt that he "jerked my chain from the start" nor have I called him names or trashed him. Scott was very easy to get a hold of prior to sending the money order and I thought all was well. If I was "jumping to conclusions" and making "premature accusations" my dies would have arrived already as he said he sent them, and I would have gladly posted their arrival on this board along with an apology to Scott for assuming the worst. However, the dies have never arrived, Scott will not return messages or email and I have written off this whole mess as a lesson in buying items from people on line like this.

I have stated exactly what happened to me during this situation. Scott on the other hand has called me names and has trashed me during his very first post which even further confirmed my suspicion that I had been taken for a ride. His responses were, in my opinion, not what someone would say if they were a decent person to deal with. I would never speak to someone that was purchasing something from me like that no matter what the problem they may be having.

As far as I am concerned, it is never too late to step up and correct something irregardless of what caused the error. If he chooses not to "make things right" with me than he loses his integrity in my opinion and that he will have to live with -- I would correct things personally no matter what. Running from an issue never makes the issue go away.

I have said from the start, it's not the money that bothers me, it's the integrity of the transaction that bothers me. I buy and sell all the time and always try to do what is right for my buyers. If they feel unhappy with a deal than I do what I can to make it right - be it a refund or whatever. I continually communicate with them during the deal letting them know that their money has arrived, their item is on the way (with tracking for my safety) and a follow up after arrival to make sure all is well. If they call or email me, I return the message even if it is about a problem. Whether the deal is for one buck or a thousand it's still the same to me. I respect my fellow sportsmen and women and I respect myself and my reputation during all my dealings. I went into this naively assuming the same would hold true for myself as a buyer as well which I now realize was a mistake on my part. I feel I have been ripped off and it is not a mistake I will make again soon.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:29 PM

Thanks for the warning. Sorry you got ripped off.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:02 PM

I'm sure it probably arrived today ..... it being Monday and all ...... Whew, glad thats over, now....

MET

Old 06-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: CamoHunter

I could not disagree more...
JUST MORE NAME CALLING!
You salute him? What does that say for you?
The reply was kind of on track before thename calling started.

CH

ORIGINAL: olcrip

Spoken like a true GENTLEMAN bigj71. That is the kind of response that brings out our true colors. I salute you sir.
Hmmm...So youdidn't like my post eh?? Seems to fit now doesn't it??? I wasn't "kinda on track" I'm directly on track...I'm right on the rails bud.

I'll stand by my post, sometimes folks need to hear the cold hard truth, sorry if that offends you.

I'm sorry 24wayne......Evenif (and that's a big IF) you get refunded this doesn't make this right. There is absolutely no excuse for piss poor communication period!

So let me get this straight....first he supposedly sends the dies to the wrong guy....THEN he resends them to you (with a partial refund) and THAT gets lost or whatever. NOW he has allegedly sent you a full refund, tells DD all about it but won't bother picking up the phone to call you....the GUY HE'S SENDING IT TO, and we should cut him some slack?

This just keeps getting better.........[:'(]

Hang tough 24wayne, not everyone is like that.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:00 PM

Old 06-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: BigJ71
I'm sorry 24wayne......Evenif (and that's a big IF) you get refunded this doesn't make this right. There is absolutely no excuse for piss poor communication period!

So let me get this straight....first he supposedly sends the dies to the wrong guy....THEN he resends them to you (with a partial refund) and THAT gets lost or whatever. NOW he has allegedly sent you a full refund, tells DD all about it but won't bother picking up the phone to call you....the GUY HE'S SENDING IT TO, and we should cut him some slack?

This just keeps getting better.........[:'(]

Hang tough 24wayne, not everyone is like that.
I believe that you have summed the whole thing up quite nicely - you are correct on all accounts as to what has happened. I wouldn't be in business as a seller myself if I thought everyone were like Scott but I thought people should be aware before the same thing happened to them. I got taken and he's hiding. That's pretty much the end up of this whole thing as far as I'm concerned.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

SO any updates?
Old 07-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: cowboy4513

SO any updates?
Zip, zero, zilch....no refund, no dies, no call, and no email.

Wayne
Old 07-04-2008, 01:37 AM

I've had no dealings with either, but Wayne had no posts on this board prior to this thread. He signed up and posted the original post here to bash Scott about a sale made somewhere else. Apparently Scott has had great transactions with others on this site and is not a sham artist.

How do we know that Wayne isn't? He could have easily received the dies and is crying about it here to get his money back....thus getting the dies for free. 12 out of 13 of Wayne's posts on this site have been in this thread. Not really sure why so many are backing him.

Personally, if I were Scott at this point and had truely done what he said he has done, I'd tell Wayne to pound sand and move on.

Having said all that, as muddy as these waters are right now, who knows what really happened.

Quick Reply: BAD TRADER WARNING

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.