Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Targets????

Old 05-23-2008, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Targets????

There is some guys down in the muzzleloader forum making their own "shoot n see" targets.

http://huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2761257&mpage=1&key=targets& #2761929
Old 05-23-2008, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Luckydog, I just found and posted the link to the black powder forum about them tartgets, good luck. Check my post on page one.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

I just print a 1 inch grid off the computer and then use a sharpie to make an x. The inch squares help alot when adjusting a scope or just to quickly measure groups right thru the spooting scope.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have printed hundreds of targets from sites that offer free targets. I downloaded the PDF files in my computer and print as required...
Old 05-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: trailer

I have printed hundreds of targets from sites that offer free targets. I downloaded the PDF files in my computer and print as required...
I've done the same but I wonder if it is really cheaper when you take ink in to consideration. I know a set of ink for my printer is around $40.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: White-tail-deer

I've done the same but I wonder if it is really cheaper when you take ink in to consideration. I know a set of ink for my printer is around $40.
Well don’t tell anyone but I print them at work on our laser printer. I keep a stash of paper that has been printed on one side and print my targets on the opposite side. I may have up to 500 targets ready to be used at home...
Old 05-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

Briman beat me to it. Get a quality spotting scope, with enough manification to see and identify your bullet holes at what ever distance you are shooting. Something up to about 45 or 48 power should be sufficient to indentify even .20 cal holes out to 300yds. You'll most like find that you'll keep around 20-24 most of the time, as set to the higher magnifications the mirage can get pretty bad.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:46 AM

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

When you are out and about pick up all of those corrugated plastic real estate etc... signs. You can punch hundreds of holes in them and they come with their own stand. A can of spray paint for some flo-orange dots and you are in business.

Or you can get a ten pack of poster board at Walmart for something like a buck or two, cut them into quarters and you got 40 targets. Draw several bulls eyes on them and use masking tape to cover up previously fired shots until they are all shot up.

Another thing that is really cheap is a rheem of printer paper and a magic marker and a ruler. Draw dots and then some dashes an inch apart above the dots for three inches. You can get 4 dots on each piece of paper. A bout 5 or 6 dollars and some time is all it takes to make hundreds of targets.
The real estate signs are good, I also use the political yard signs. Sometimes you can find them in bunches on the roadside. I have even had some delivered. One of my wife's friend's husband is running for state rep in Arkansas, got a bunch of leftovers from him. He is a democrat, and I can't wait to show him what we did with the signs. I also made a good stencil out of a thin sheet of plastic, cardboard wears out and the lines aren't as crisp after a few uses.