Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Baer, Colt, Olympic or Bushmaster >

Baer, Colt, Olympic or Bushmaster

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Baer, Colt, Olympic or Bushmaster

Old 02-24-2003, 11:15 PM

Default Baer, Colt, Olympic or Bushmaster

I' ve researched all four of these brands for a .223 AR-15 type rifle. Thus far I believe that the Olympic PCR-1 will out shoot the others. Does anyone have this rifle? If so, is it as accurate as Olympic Arms, my favorite gunsmith and SWAT Magazine say it is?
I' m not sure I had heard of Olympic Arms before yesterday. If so, it didn' t ring any bells.
Advice on the Olympic PCR-1 will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Baer, Colt, Olympic or Bushmaster

None of the rifles are supposed to be able to touch the LES BAER guns .But at $2000 for rifle and $3000 with the leupold scope they ain' t the cheapest thing around.
Old 02-25-2003, 08:46 AM

Swampdog, thanks.
When I researched the Baer...they guarantee a 1/2" group @ 100yds. That' s not good. If you' re not in the same hole at 100, something' s wrong.
Colt has the same guarantee.
Bushmaster catalog doesn' t state a guarantee but shows a picture of 3 rnds touching each other, a dime beside the holes and the group is obviously smaller than the dime.
Olympic...I' ve been told by a gunsmith that Oly started out building barrels. Now they build the whole AR, several models. Their website, says the PCR-1 will shoot sub-1/4" groups. They also say that the PCR-8 will shoot sub-1" groups at 100 yds. That' s not good at all.
I' m familiar with the Les Baer quality. I' m just attempting to find the best shooter at the best price. Thanks again Sw..dg.
Old 02-25-2003, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

The rifle I was refering to is the Baer target model .Thus the price.The article showed it out shooting the new Kimber hunting rifle.The baer had 100yd. groups well under dime size .That is what they were using for comparison.Made me want one.
Old 02-25-2003, 10:39 AM

Sw..dg, thanks.
I too have wanted a Baer for quite some time. I' ve not seen a single article, of any length, about them. I' ll keep looking.