Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Which of these three scopes would you choose? >

Which of these three scopes would you choose?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Which of these three scopes would you choose?

Old 02-24-2003, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Which of these three scopes would you choose?

Nikon Monarch UCC 4-12x40mm price 369.17
Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40mm price 500.40
Leupold Vari-X III 4.5-14x40mm price 462.66
Price is not a major concern for me but I list it because I certainly don' t want to pay more for a scope if it isn' t better quality than one of the lesser priced ones. My shots will mostly be out to 300 yards. Here in Alabama however big bucks often don' t move until nearly the end of legal shooting light. So light gathering abilty is high on my list of priorities. Also interested in the waterproof and fogproof qualities of these scopes as winters in Alabama are usually wet.
Old 02-24-2003, 06:39 PM

Default RE: Which of these three scopes would you choose?

I love my Leupold Vari-X III 4.5-14. It gathers light exceptionally well. Leupolds have a life time warrenty as well. Good eye relief. Good clarity. I can' t help you compair to the other two brands, but I can tell you that you won' t be disappointed.
Old 02-24-2003, 06:53 PM

Have you actually compared them? When you can look through each one into a distant dark area you will know. Have you looked at Khales? Made by Swarovski .
My two cents
Old 02-24-2003, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Todd1700, I' m just asking why aren' t you looking at a 50mm odjective lens? I know you would probaly require high ring mounts but with the problem on the bucks comming out only late in the day you would require as much light gatherd as possible. Yes ? I have a Leupold and it' s a good quality scope. Check the topic Hunting Gear Review on (Zeiss Conquest vs Leupoldvx-III) and (A Tale of two scopes). You' ll find it interesting.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Check out woodseye post in the hunting gear review forum titled " tale of two scopes" .

I have a 50 mm Vari x III and no problems in 6 years. I have only looked through a zeiss, was impressed with how clear and bright. Nikon heard lost of good things, but no experience.
Old 02-24-2003, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

it' s not really a choice for me , i would pick leupold , i' ve got nothing but good experiences out of useing them , so why change when you' ve allready got a good thing going nothing against the others , just old fashioned favoritism here
Old 02-24-2003, 09:06 PM

Leupold hands down. I' ve heard good things about Zeiss, but would still go with the Leupold. Have you considered the M8 Leupold? It is a fixed 6 power scope x 42mm scope. I' ve hunted with one for 10 yrs or so now and it is fantastic in low light condition, and has work well on deer sized game out passed 300 yrds.

Doug
Old 02-24-2003, 10:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would go with a ziess for the better lenses and coatings.I would stay away from the 50mm lenses as with better coatings a smaller objective lensed scope can be just as bright or brighter.I use swarovski A-line 3x10x42 scopes and they are clearer and just as bright if not brighter than a 50mm leupold vari x iii.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

id probly go with the leopold, high quality and a repuation for great customer service on repairing damaged scopes.
Old 02-24-2003, 11:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would go with the ZEISS Conquest 3-9X40 you can purchase it for less than $500.00 dollars, look around. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.