Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Which of these three scopes would you choose? >

Which of these three scopes would you choose?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Which of these three scopes would you choose?

Old 02-24-2003, 11:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Which of these three scopes would you choose?

I would go with the Zeiss also. Will be putting one on the next rifle that I buy. Definetly don' t pay $500.40 for one. Galyans in Denver has them for $369.99. You may also want to check out Bushnell Elites, that rain guard coating is suppose to be really great.
Old 02-25-2003, 02:39 AM

I have a Luopold Vari-x 11 3-9 x50 . It has lined me up with many bucks.
I also have a Swarovski 3-9 x36 that is brighter that the 50mm. I have yet to shoot at game with it .
Old 02-25-2003, 07:11 AM

They all have lifetime warranties but Zeiss and Leupold are transferable.Until last week I would have said the conquest at about $370-380 would be the best buy and brightest of the three.Now after shooting my Zeiss conquest I think I would suggest the Leupold as the best choice.Brightness don' t do you a bit of good when the scope won' t hold POI or track proper(this seems to be a problem with some conquests)A 50mm Leupold will be about identical in brightness to the 40mm conquest and it will still weigh less.I' ve bought about 6-7 Leupolds and never had a single problem with any but out of two conquests I got one good and one very bad.They jolt the conquests a thousand times testing them before you buy one so maybe some are jarred loose right from the factory,I don' t know but didn' t like 50/50 odds [:' (]For now I' ll let further scope testing to others and go with a proven design.

woods
Old 02-25-2003, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for all the info guys. Nice to have a board like this to draw on other peoples wisdom and experience. I think I will probably go with the Leupold.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a Bushnell Elite 3200 & 4200, they are decent scopes but they are nowhere near a Varix III. Weight, design, eye relief, tracking and clarity are lower than that of VariX III. Up here they are half the price of VariX III which makes them much more feasible for most, but that shouldn' t be taken as comparable. They have a lifetime warranty and very good with CS, but turn around is no 2-3 weeks that loopy will do. If you got the budget for a VarixIII look no further, it will serve you well.
Old 02-25-2003, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

I have heard that zeiss and nikon are good scopes but i have had Leupolds forever.If something works for me I stay with it.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:37 PM

You can never go wrong with Leupold, but i like the Zeiss. Go look through all three and see which one you like best.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:31 AM

Leupold sits on the top of all my guns. Awesome scopes.
Old 02-26-2003, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will have to put in a plug for nikon. I love my 4x12x50. It is on my 270 weatherby mag and I love the thing. I do also have some leupold but I like my nikon better as I feel the nikon has better glass. Remember this is only my personal opinion I just like nikon better. I have never seen a zeiss scope before so I cannot comment on it. But for me I like nikon and burris.

Brian
Old 02-26-2003, 01:32 PM

Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40mm, gets my vote. I' ve had Leupolds on all my rifles looked through a Zeiss and now I' m hooked. I just purchased a SS Browning A-Bolt Stalker in .300wsm w/Boss and topped it with a Zeiss. Leupold makes one hell of a scope just don' t think it' s better than the Zeiss.

Quick Reply: Which of these three scopes would you choose?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.