Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Urgent Gun Problem >

Urgent Gun Problem

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Urgent Gun Problem

Old 03-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Urgent Gun Problem

Same thing happened to my friend's Savage when he tried to chamber one of my rounds from my rifle that I had only neck size. Apparently my chamber was larger than his. (genetics I guess) If your bolt is in the upmost position you can rapthe bolt handle with a rubber mallet.Start out lightly and increase taps until the bolt releases. It shoudl open and hopefully draw out the round.But for the love of God DO NOT TRY TO PUT ANYTHING DOWN THE BARREL AND TRY TO KNOCK IT OUT.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

I have come to the conclusion that there are some things that you just shouldn't ask for advice on an internet forum. The more I read the answers to some of these posts, the more convinced I am that some people just don't need to be around firearms.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:23 PM

ORIGINAL: kelbro

I have come to the conclusion that there are some things that you just shouldn't ask for advice on an internet forum. The more I read the answers to some of these posts, the more convinced I am that some people just don't need to be around firearms.
haha yea i thought that too

So i tuck the scope off and everything tried it like that still didnt work. Yes it was a reloaded round probably too long in oal.Im almost certain that the bolt handle is broken already but i dont really care about that. The bolt it about 1/2 a centimeter back and all the way up. I have a trigger lock on it right now and im looking into a gunsmith. If anyone else has some sugestions i'd love your help.(as long as the're practical)

Thank you
-Deric
Old 03-25-2008, 04:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bobfm10350

ORIGINAL: kelbro

haha yea i thought that too

So i tuck the scope off and everything tried it like that still didnt work. Yes it was a reloaded round probably too long in oal.Im almost certain that the bolt handle is broken already but i dont really care about that. The bolt it about 1/2 a centimeter back and all the way up. I have a trigger lock on it right now and im looking into a gunsmith. If anyone else has some sugestions i'd love your help.(as long as the're practical)

Thank you
-Deric
So it only has to go straight back? I can't see how you can't pull it back, opening it should have been the hardest part...??

Can you unthread the barrel? Savages are suppose to be easy to do...
Old 03-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you sure you tried to chamber the right cartridge? Don't take chances it's not worth it. Take it to a gunsmith. In the long run it will be cheaper taking it to him then killing yourself trying to save a couple bucks.This could get very dangerious if you don't know what you're doing.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Pawildman

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

use something to tap it from the barrel end.....though if that goes off, you may want to watch out....
Wow.
You know I said wow a whole bunch while going thru this thread.

Yep... I certainlly do.... And I'm sure most of us understand.....
Old 03-27-2008, 05:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Savage barrels are easily removed and reinstalled. It is easiest to remove a round stuck partially into the chamber by removing the barrel first. This is a job for a gunsmith with a Savage barrel nut wrench and a set ofheadspace gauges.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

u r in deep ****