Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Michael.....you have some explain'n to do. >

Michael.....you have some explain'n to do.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Michael.....you have some explain'n to do.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:07 AM

Default Michael.....you have some explain'n to do.

Great, i wanted to thank everyone who exposed me to the online sites for buying guns....mainly gunbroker.com. I was just minding my own business looking around the site and found a NIB 300WSM LH Tikka Lite for $379!!! Are you kidding me! I have a 270 on order with Cabela's for about3 weeks now that cost me $615. Thats a significant difference! Needless to say, i now have to figure out the whole FFL thing to get the newly purchased 300WSM to me. I dont even know what the 300WSM is good for....just my couple of hours on the internet looking into the difference and they look pretty much the same in ballistics as the 270.[:-]

Looks like i have to figure out a new setup for the 270.

Oh, im also taking collections for the spur of the moment purchase just PM me and i can give you my paypal account.

The scope I was going to put on the 270 is a Nikon Monarch 5-20x44 for long distance shooting. Should i put it on the 300WSM or put it on the 270?
Old 03-23-2008, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Michael.....you have some explain'n to do.

Just about any gun shop should be able to do an FFL transfer for you.

You will need the senders name, address, phone and fax numbers. As well as the type of gun they are sending. Applicable laws for purchase will be by your state of residence.

I recently had a Springfield 1911 shipped from Virginia to Arizona. It cost about $50 for the transfer and was very easy to do.

Good luck-gunbroker is great!
Old 03-23-2008, 09:53 AM

I use my Tikka T3 Lite Stainless for about everything. Its ballisitcally similar to a 300 Win Mag. Im gonna get a 3x-12x or 14x scope for mine for shooting longer distances.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Texasyukon.... I was able to make a deal with the shops that I had my gun transferred to that if they would do the transfer without charging me I would buy my rings and mounts from them. I only had one turn me down and the other 2 went for it easily. Had to have them anyways and saved me the money of the transfer on that end.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Texasyukon.... I was able to make a deal with the shops that I had my gun transferred to that if they would do the transfer without charging me I would buy my rings and mounts from them. I only had one turn me down and the other 2 went for it easily. Had to have them anyways and saved me the money of the transfer on that end.
That is a brilliant idea!!

I'm going to have to try that sometime.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL Im a tightwad anyways....it works wonders.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you bought a brand new LH Tikka for $379 from a dealer-congratulations. That almost sounds too good to be true. I hope you do not run into any problems. Make sure you pay with a Postal Money Order so you can have some intra-state recourse. What is his rating?? And how many sales has he made??

I found a real deal one time on a pair of Swarovski Binoculars. I did research before I sent my payment. I found out it was a rip off artist. So be careful. Sometimes when something is too good to be true-it is not true. But then sometimes it is. Good Luck. Tom.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats a significant difference! Needless to say, i now have to figure out the whole FFL thing to get the newly purchased 300WSM to me.
Mostof those auction sites have by-state or by-zipcode listings of FFL holder who are willing to handle transfers on interstate purchases. Some even give names, tel. & addresses based on map distance from your address. In addition, some show what the FFL holder charges for the transaction..... http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp This one has a feature that lists those near your ZIP- closest one first. Since you like Gunbroker, this one should tickle you...

The .300 WSM is good for any game you'd use a .30/'06 or standard .300 Magnum for....
Old 03-23-2008, 08:31 PM

Appears to be a legit guy. 4,056 feedbacks and 4,051 positive. 2 neutral.

Tanner's Sporting Goods...

http://www.tannerssportcenter.com/

$379 IS AN UNREAL deal. I am trying to convince myself to get one but I don't need another gun right now.

GO FOR IT!

Old 03-23-2008, 09:13 PM

Thats a good idea on buying scope and rings and not having to pay for the FFL. ill be making the calls tomorrow and see what kind of a deal i can set up.

From what i can see the seller is an A+ with over 4,000 transactions (this one is 95509451) so it looks like he is pretty legit.

Have been looking at putting a Nikon Monarch 4-16x42 on it. Like i said i have a 270 tikka coming that i was going to put the 5-20x44 on it so im not sure what scope gun combo i am going to match up. Looking at the balistics i think the 300 might be the gun for the more powerful scope, and make that my long range rifle.

By the end of the week if everything goes right i could have two new guns to add to the safe,so exciting.

Quick Reply: Michael.....you have some explain'n to do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.