Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Michael.....you have some explain'n to do. >

Michael.....you have some explain'n to do.

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Michael.....you have some explain'n to do.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Michael.....you have some explain'n to do.

maybe IL is different, but i think the bigger stores here will do it without much hassle the smaller ones dont want to deal with it due to the tough gun laws....or charge $100-200.

comparing the .300wsm and .270 win.....not quite the same round there, the .300 wsm is essentially a .300 win mag in a shorter compact magnum. A very nice round though! It may have a similar trajectory as the .270 depending on bullet......but when I think .300 mag I think 180gr bullets, which is a def step up over the .270 in 130-150gr, the .300wsm does shoot 150gr as well, though I'd stick to 180 or 165 perhaps. 270 I think deer, .300wsm I think elk....

though id rather use the .300wsm on muleys and elk, than the .270 on muleys and elk. did you get a .270 win or .270 wsm? of the WSM's I think the .300 wsm is the one to pick.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:43 PM

Got the270 WINand a 300 WSM coming. We dont run up agains much muleys and elk in the texas panhandle and both of these are going to be used more along the lines of WT Deer and Russian (Texas) Boar.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats a great deal, except the bolt is on the wrong side[:@][:@].
Old 03-24-2008, 08:26 PM

Texasyukon,

Glad you found something to fill a need .... o.k. a want......well ...o.k., an impulse buy..but it is still one heck of an impulse buy. I would like to find some deals like that. I get one like that to everyone elses' four. But I am thankful for the once in a lifetime good buy I do occasionly find.

I believe you are on the right path with the scopes. I would consider the 5-20 for the .30 cal. and the 4-16 for the .270. I have those same two scopes and I really love mine. I think you will be pleased.

Just remember one thing, If you decide you just hate that .30 cal. I know a gun cabinet up here in South Arkansas that would love some new company.... LOL.

Good luck with the rifle.

God Bless

MichaelT