Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Bases for a Weatherby

Old 03-17-2008, 12:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bases for a Weatherby

Well my little prize finally arrived at the shop. Flat out GORGEOUS Weatherby MarkXXII in .22LR. Sure enough, German made by Anschutz, who apparently makes such a good rifle I cannot even spell it correctly. The test target was shot at 55 meters (whatever a meter is...) and was 5 shots tucked nicely into a four leaf clover (appropriate) just under 1/2". With me shooting it, it will likely never shoot such a group again... but at least its got the raw talent.

The receiver is groved for your run of the mill latch on rimfire rings. Personally, I think anyone who would put such type rings on such a fine rifle would 'teach his grandmother to suck eggs.

The receiver is also drilled and tapped for bases. I've raped every single base/ring guide I could get my hands on... nothing shown for the Mark XXII. Anybody have a clue who makes a base for it?

OR..... am I being overzealous in my damnation of clamp-on rimfire rings? Any I should consider....

I'm scoping the gun with a Leupold... Either a 4x28 or 2-7x32..... I can't make my mind up. Help.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bases for a Weatherby

Just a suggestion. Why don't you give the folks at Conetrol a call? Maybe they can help.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

i run into the same problem with a Marlin bolt action .22 lr i got for christmas. i ended up having to order the bases from the manufacurer (Marlin) on their website.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would put Talleys on it and maybe Weatherby is selling Talleys rebadged already. Sorry about the Leupold
Old 03-17-2008, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just went thru this with my Marlin 22 magnum that I bought. I end up going with Millet rings to the dovetail. No problems so far anyway.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bugsNbows

Just a suggestion. Why don't you give the folks at Conetrol a call? Maybe they can help.

I've never heard of them? Where are the located?
Old 03-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

I would put Talleys on it and maybe Weatherby is selling Talleys rebadged already. Sorry about the Leupold

Midway listed Talleys as THE bast for Mark XXIIs and they are sold out and back ordered.

Why are you sorry about the Leupold? What would you suggest? Lay it on me.... I'm open to suggestions.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Midway listed Talleys as THE bast for Mark XXIIs and they are sold out and back ordered.

Why are you sorry about the Leupold? What would you suggest? Lay it on me.... I'm open to suggestions.

There is a guy over on 24hour that has them on his rifle . I pasted this here without his permission so that is probably a Capital offense Only kidding about the Leupold a nice gun like that needs a trim little scope like a Leupold that is unless you spring for a 2-7x36 Kahles Buy your talley stuff directly from Talley I am willing to bet they are in stock there I can't stand Midwayusa and that is SOP with me.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Conetrol's website is www.conetrol.com They are high end, top quality mounts.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Millett makes an engraved ring that looks great on a Weatherby. Redfield also made a set of engraved rings that have the screws on the underside that were also very good looking rings. If you search around you might find a set of these. I have these rings on my Kimber's, and they are by far the best looking rings. Tom.

Quick Reply: Bases for a Weatherby

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.