Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Should custom work be done on the Tikka? >

Should custom work be done on the Tikka?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Should custom work be done on the Tikka?

Old 03-14-2008, 09:55 PM

Default Should custom work be done on the Tikka?

OK, here is the setup.

Left handed Tikka Lite stainless 270 Win (had to order through Cabelas cause LH)
Nikon Monarch 5-20x44 BDC matte finish
Warne Tikka Quick detach rings matte finish

Putting some though ahead of time to see if i should have any other special work done on it once i have everything put together (i.e. trigger adjustments or other tweeks). Any ideas on what i should look at to make this a nail driver. Wanting this to be my long range (200+ yard) "reach out and touch them" gun.

Thanks for your time.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:11 PM

Default RE: Should custom work be done on the Tikka?

Mines already a tack driver, only thing I needed to do is send it off for camo.
http://www.bellandcarlson.com/

Old 03-15-2008, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

The trigger is user adjustible (basically). Save your cash for other toys. Why so much upper end power on the scope? Seems that a 12X max would suffice. Just asking.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

You are really putting the cart before the horse. I would suggest waiting until you actually get the gun to decide if you even "NEED" any custom work or adjustments, but to answer the title of the thread, if it is "NEEDED", I don't see any reason not to do customizations on any gun.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:51 AM

I wouldnt be thinking about custom work yet. The trigger on a Tikka T3 is great. I havea Tikka T3 Lite Stainless300 WSM with a Nikon Buckmasters 3x-9x on it. This is a 3 shot group at 200 yards from when i was checking my sights after bear season. This was the last of a box of ammo or i would have done a 5 shot group. Also this is Winchester Super-X 180gr Power Points.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Trigger adjustment is all you would need to do if that was even necessary.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Retaks

I wouldnt be thinking about custom work yet. The trigger on a Tikka T3 is great. I havea Tikka T3 Lite Stainless300 WSM with a Nikon Buckmasters 3x-9x on it. This is a 3 shot group at 200 yards from when i was checking my sights after bear season. This was the last of a box of ammo or i would have done a 5 shot group. Also this is Winchester Super-X 180gr Power Points.

Retaks,

Nice shootin!

Texasyukon,

The only thing you might want to look at is possibly a Limbsaver recoil pad. Even with that I would wait and shoot the rifle first. I have a T3 in 25-06 with a 3-9 Nikon Monarch and Warne permanent rings that is very accurate and a pleasure to shoot. IMO you should wait and shoot the rifle some before you do anything to it.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:41 AM

Only reason i went with such a powerful scope is that i wants a long distance gun for Texas deer and wild boar (200-400 yds). I hunt in the panhandle with a Browning 30-06 with a Leupi 3x9 (set up for 100 yds) and wanted a setup for day hunting at a distance. The landscape goes from flat and long on one side to hills on the other so i wanted something for a perch gun or a flatland distance gun.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:44 AM

VAhuntr - I was looking for a 25-06 as my first choicebut Tikka (beretta) doesnt ship any to the states that are the left handed model.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have to agree with not going with such a high magnification scope on a big game rifle. Even if shooting at 1000 yards I wouldn't use that high of magnification. Shooting at prarie dogs at 500 yards sure but definetly not big game.

Consider if you are looking at a deer 400 yards away a scope set on 12 magnification will make the deer appear like it is only 33 yards away. Definetly close enough.

I also wouldn't tough the rifle untilI shot it other than changing the recoil pad. It may shoot ahalf inch so you would doubtfully gain anything by messing with it.Tikkas really do have an excelent factory trigger.

Quick Reply: Should custom work be done on the Tikka?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.