Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Tikka T3 Synthetic/Stainless In 300 WSM >

Tikka T3 Synthetic/Stainless In 300 WSM

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tikka T3 Synthetic/Stainless In 300 WSM

Old 07-27-2008, 05:48 AM

Default RE: Tikka T3 Synthetic/Stainless In 300 WSM

ORIGINAL: skeeter 7MM

ORIGINAL: Retaks

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

If this is your first rifle, you might want to get something a little more forgiving on your shoulder. No need to develop bad habits at a young age.
On the positive side it might Knock some sense into him and a t3 in 300 wsm will do just that.
My Tikka T3 Lite Stainless in 300 WSM knocked some sense into my little brother. He is 6' 2" and 180 pounds. He only shoots rifles that are a 270 or smaller now. im 5' 10" and 155 pounds and i have no problem with it. If you know how to shoot and handle recoil it wont be a problem but if you dont know how to properly handle the recoil you will regret pulling the trigger.
In a previous post he stated a BAR 300win knocked him, so i think it's pretty safe to say the T3 in 300wsm...just might not be the right choices.

To avoid more redundancy my new approach is: [&:]

GET ONE, it's obvious your set on a 300wsm. No matter how you change the words thereplies remain the same,it's obvious you are timid of the potential recoil. I don't think anyone here truly believes this is the best choice for a young hunter...however its not our decision to make, that rest in your hands and shoulder. Pick the best fitting rifle, forget the brand persay, just shoulder them and go on feel and as important fit. Then have a gunsmith install a good recoil pad and adjust the length of pull accordingly (if required). Put a good eye relief scope on it, load it in whatever manner you want and get shooting. Sorry but it obvious your not interested in opinions persay but rather blessings..so all the best and enjoy.
If a BAR in 300 Win Mag knocked you i would not recomend a Tkika in any Mag cartridges. Mine has quite a bit of recoil but it is manageable if you know how to manage it. I know ive had a couple times this summer after going through 2 boxes of ammo ive had a few times when ive felt the scope brush my face when i pulled the trigger. I use that as a good sign i need to stop shooting for that day. Mine has a 3-9 40 Nikon Buckmasters scope on it. I will post pics if wanted. Sorry it took me so long to get back ive been buisy with work.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you are worried about recoil go with the vanguard,as the T-3 and A-bolt are both fairly light,and both result in more felt recoil than the heavier vanguard.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

i just went through the gun buying process, again. i had it narrowed down to the stainless tikka t3 .270 win and the stainless browning a-bolt .270 win. the shop i went to had both in stock so i was able to compare them next to each other. the browning fit "me" a little better than the tikka. plus, to "me"the browningseemed to be a more robust rifle. "personally", i don't care for the plastic magazine and the plastic bolt release. the stock on the browning seemed to be stouter as well. the tikka seemed a little lighter, so it will probably recoil a littlemore. especially in a magnum cartridge. are you sure that you want a magnum cartridge in light rifle? do you really need a magnum cartridge?

i'm not bashing the tikka, i'm just giving you my observation between the two. before i went and looked at them side by side i was leaning toward the tikka. mainly because of the price. i'm sure the tikka will do you well if you decide that you really like the rifle. it just wasn't for me.

as far as price is concerned, check online gun sources and see what you can get it for and how much it will cost to have it delivered and transffered through a licensed dealer. i was able to find some good prices online and used thatas ammunition toward the dealer and he worked me a good deal. there was no way i was paying what he was asking. i saved my self $200 dollars on the price of the rifle alone.