Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 cleaning 12 gauge problems >

cleaning 12 gauge problems

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

cleaning 12 gauge problems

Old 02-16-2008, 01:07 PM

Default RE: cleaning 12 gauge problems

I live in Butler County near Oxford,and Hamilton
Old 02-16-2008, 01:11 PM

can i see pics? i dont really understand
Old 02-16-2008, 01:28 PM

OK Ill take some pics when i go back to my room.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:42 PM

if i use the boresnake to clean the barrel of my gun what do i do before and after it to clean the rest of the gun? outside and inside?
Old 02-17-2008, 11:20 AM

i just got a boresnake..............................if i use the boresnake to clean the barrel of my gun what do i do before and after it to clean the rest of the gun? outside and inside?
Old 02-17-2008, 11:40 AM

I jsut use the bore snake to get most of the crap out of the barrel. Then i will properly clean it still with a rid and patches. I just pull it through a few times to make it a little easier to clean.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:10 PM

what else do i do to clean the whole gun though?
Old 02-17-2008, 04:13 PM

Well clean the bore like you would a rifle. Then after you have field stripped the reciever use a clean patch and some bore cleaner to clean all the parts inside the reciever and the reciever inside and out. When the patch gets dirty then get a new patch. Keep doing this until everything is clean. Once it is all clean then you lightly oil everything and reassemble.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:27 PM

Mossbergman....I've cleaned some nasty weapons for other people before, especially muzzle loaders and what I've found work best for some bad build up is....runbore cleaner with a bore brush heavy in the barrel a few times. Let it sit for a couple of hour just like that. Thenrun the brush with cleaner a couple more times. Take a couple of patches thru it. Now this I think does the trick...I tear up a old Tee shirt and make "tight" patches a force them thru the barrel ( by tight I mean snug) I do this with clean tees until they come clean. Then oil'er up as prescribed. On some of the tougher Muzzle loaders, I've left the bore cleaner in over night.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:29 PM

ORIGINAL: octafoil

Mossbergman....I've cleaned some nasty weapons for other people before, especially muzzle loaders and what I've found work best for some bad build up is....runbore cleaner with a bore brush heavy in the barrel a few times. Let it sit for a couple of hour just like that. Thenrun the brush with cleaner a couple more times. Take a couple of patches thru it. Now this I think does the trick...I tear up a old Tee shirt and make "tight" patches a force them thru the barrel ( by tight I mean snug) I do this with clean tees until they come clean. Then oil'er up as prescribed. On some of the tougher Muzzle loaders, I've left the bore cleaner in over night.
what do you mean by leaving the bore cleaner in over night?

Quick Reply: cleaning 12 gauge problems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.