Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Tikka T3 vs Browning Abolt >

Tikka T3 vs Browning Abolt

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tikka T3 vs Browning Abolt

Old 02-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tikka T3 vs Browning Abolt

I prefer the Brownings in spades. The triggers are easily improved by a qualified gunsmith, or even a shade tree gunsmith who is feeling spry... just be careful as always when messing with triggers. Its as easy as cutting a spring, grinding it flat again, and adjusting the screw. If you mess it up... buy a new spring. Take it as you will.

My only gripe with the Tikkas are the stocks... That skinny little cheek piece. They are light, which means they will kick... but it is also less to carry, which for a hunting rifle I think is a better consideration than recoil. Guns kick... don't like it... shoot a .22. There are rifles that recoil less, but they are all going to kick.

The stock on the browning feels about as good as any to me. I guess Its just the palm swell that does it for me. The 60 degree bolt throw is another feature I like.

I have owned two, and currently still own one A-Bolt, but have shot litterally dozens of them... never seen one that wouldn't shoot under 1.5" at 100 yards with the right ammo. Tikkas shoot well also.

It all comes down to my personal comfort with the stock... which is more than enough to give Browning the edge for me.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Fork Horn

Since I'm a lefty, if I didn't already have an A-Bolt I might consider a Tikka but I certainly wouldn't trade. My A-Bolt is accurate, fairly light and throws up to the perfect spot every time. It just fits. The trigger improvement (spring change) took all of 5 minutes and a Limbsaver recoil pad offset the recoil due to the light weight.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

The most recent aquisition is a 25-06 composite stalker . THis may be the single most accurate rifle I have ever owned, my jaw dropped first group out of the box....I have not reloaded for it yet but using 117 grain Hornady factory ammo it simply shoots lights out and is a joy to shoot. I just did the trigger with the Timney kit.