Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 New Remington VTR Rifle >

New Remington VTR Rifle

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New Remington VTR Rifle

Old 02-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Spike

Default New Remington VTR Rifle

Looking to by a new target/varmint rifle, has anyone got one of these or shot one? What do you think?
Old 02-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Remington VTR Rifle

I am suprised it took a company so long to come out with a triangular shaped barrel. The triangle being one of (and an engineer member will surely tell me otherwise if I'm wrong) the strongest geometric shapes. The stiffer a barrel is, the better the accuracy should be.

It ain't the prettiest thing, but then maybe thats just because I'm not used to seeing it. It must be fairly difficult to make in relation to round barrel guns. Should be a winner though, at least on paper, who knows how it will take on the open market...depends on the price and availability. Hopefully they will make enough not to turn it into another 105 CTI.... they are still fairly few and far... and Remington made it out to be the next big thing... as if they were gonig to dump the 1187 for it.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:27 PM
Typical Buck

The VTR looked like a really cool rilfe when I picked one up at my local firearms dealer today. It was a 308. The barrel is one of the coolest things I've seen, but the stock has a weird forend grip on it that might be difficult for some people to hold right at that one spot where the grip is located. Seemed like a light rifle. The greenis a real cool touch of the stock. It would look cooler if the bolt was jeweled like other remington guns. It was a plain black bolt. Just my .02. Overall I would consider the gun if I was in the market.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Troutman10

The VTR looked like a really cool rilfe when I picked one up at my local firearms dealer today. It was a 308. The barrel is one of the coolest things I've seen, but the stock has a weird forend grip on it that might be difficult for some people to hold right at that one spot where the grip is located. Seemed like a light rifle. The greenis a real cool touch of the stock. It would look cooler if the bolt was jeweled like other remington guns. It was a plain black bolt. Just my .02. Overall I would consider the gun if I was in the market.
You sure it was a VTR??? I'm pretty sure that it only comes in .223 and .204
Old 02-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

The VTR comes in 308, and 22-250 as well now.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 4 Buck

ORIGINAL: Troutman10

You sure it was a VTR??? I'm pretty sure that it only comes in .223 and .204
The R-15 VTR only comes in .223 and .204, but the 700 VTR comes in .308 too.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah the barrel was a triangle. I didn't think I was imagining things, but who knows. The R15-VTR doesn't come with a triangle barrelin the Remington 2008 catalog I'm looking at right now.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

The 700 VTR comes in .204, .223 with a 1 in 9" twist , .22-250, and.308.

Definetly a very cool and unique looking rifle. Will be interesting to see how that triangular barrel is for accuracy. Like SwampCollie said it should prove to be very stiff. My only complaing is the integral brake. Don't want one and don't need one.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:31 PM

My bad......i thought he was talking about the r-15 not the 700.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't care for the muzzle brake either.....Not needed with the calibers offered. Kinda wish it would have been offered in.243 Win. also. Might have tried one......

Quick Reply: New Remington VTR Rifle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.