Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Do you live out West? >

Do you live out West?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Do you live out West?

Old 02-07-2008, 01:39 AM

Default RE: Do you live out West?

ORIGINAL: game4lunch

As I recall, the main reason for shotgun hunting is because of the dense population.
That's exactly why I would move somewhere else if I lived in an area where firearm hunting was limited to shotguns.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Banned

Default RE: Do you live out West?

ORIGINAL: game4lunch

As I recall, the main reason for shotgun hunting is because of the dense population. If you miss with a 12 ga slug, how far will it go and with what ft lbs?
But a rifle round will go several miles. It's simply a safety issue.
The new technology today with the rifled slugs, scopes, sabots, etc. . . . I'm not sure you can call them shotguns anymore.
Hunting is hunting anywhere you go. You just have to adapt to the regs. I'd still hunt if all I could use was a stick and a spoon.
IMO, hunting with any weapon is still a well recieved challenge. You are constantly reminded that you are in THEIR realm, and we are just visiting. I'm just thankfull they don't shoot back!

Dense population plus pretty flat areas to hunt, most coastal hunting is buckshot too. I agree, when in Rome....unless its those damn deer dogs....