Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 do we need semi-auto rifles >

do we need semi-auto rifles

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

do we need semi-auto rifles

Old 02-01-2008, 06:53 PM
DM

Default RE: do we need semi-auto rifles

Well, we ran the "redcoats" out ofhere for a reason...You all know where we ran them to, don't ya???

Here's a hint.... They all didn't go back across the pond!!

DM
Old 02-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, we need them. We need every rifle that is legal now, and we should add some more. No firearm that is legal now should be taken away from law abiding citizens. Take semi rifles away, then they will want to take semi shotguns, and semi pistols, and where will it end?I hope they back the hell off of our right to own all of the firearms we have.I know there are a lot of good Americans out there, that will do the right thing, if they ever try to disarm us.I hope that day never comes.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

So, what we have here is failure to communicate....

Canada's laws are just that - Canada's laws. While I'm not a Canadian citizen, I am bound to obey Canada's law should I ever again cross the border.

Whitehorn - understand one thing here. Your laws are your laws. The fact that your strict handgun and semi-auto laws haven't stopped crime up there is testimony that GUN CONTROL DOES NOT WORK. Maybe U.S. firearms manufacturers shouldn't export weapons (hunting or otherwise)to Canada at all? That'd stop your problem, wouldn't it?

One rule I've found useful when visiting other countries is not to assail their political system, culture,or their laws. It's innately rude. But that's exactly what you're doing here. Though the internet is, by its very nature, "international" - this particular community is made up primarily of Americans.

Your government is not my fault.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:27 AM

Yes we need them for hunting- the reason is because i have always wanted one that why
Old 02-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya'll reckon I had better throw away that Bar 30-06 I just got?
Old 02-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ya'll reckon I had better throw away that Bar 30-06 I just got?
I'll pm my name and address and I'llmake sure it's disposed of properly.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

YES WE NEED SEMI-AUTOS!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Spike

Need has absolutely nothing to do with it. If you want to use one to hunt, you should be able to. If you want to have one on hand for other reasons (games, personal defense, etc), you should be able to. Of course the above only applies in America until enough hunters and shooters decide "nobody needs that".

Some peoples' attitude on semi automatic guns or so-called "assault rifles" simply kills me. A few people I work with have the attitude of "I don't hunt with those, so they're not necessary". Completely overlooking the true purpose of the Second Amendment, which is that of a "reset button". Personally, I am of the opinion a private individual should be able to own whatever he/she wants until such a time as he/she abuses it. At that time, drop the hammer on the individual. Banning certain types of firearms punishes the 99% or more of us who are not committing crimes.

That having been said, I'm considering throwing a low power scope on my AR15 and utilizing it for coyote and/or varmint hunting. Truth be told, I prefer bolt actions for the most part, but semi autos are just so much fun to shoot.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I suspect that in light of subsequent events... Jim Zumbo would answer with a resounding and hearty... .YOU DAMN STRAIGHT WE NEED SEMI-AUTO RIFLES!
Old 02-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Whitehorn

But as far as gun control goes, the big problem is the gun industry, not governments or gun control. Guns stick around for a long, long time, generations in fact, yet the manufacturers need to keep producing and move their stock. Where does this stock go? Well manufacturers claim they don't know and do not claim any responsability for their guns getting into illegal hands. Which is a lame excuse and they are turning a blind eye. Every other company in the Western Hemisphere practically tracks their products to their market and end users and know who is doing what with their widget.. Marketing needs this info as does the Warrenty department.

If gun manufacturers showed some responsability and only sold appropriate volumes (to satisfy us, law abiting citizens) we would not need gun control laws or governement intervention. And probably most of the gun industry would collapse too..

Say what? LOL This would be nominated for the most absurd post of the year so far but the year is still young...lol.

DM you are a lucky man still have your father around this long.

Quick Reply: do we need semi-auto rifles

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.