Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 What guns to stock up on if Hillary goes to office? >

What guns to stock up on if Hillary goes to office?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What guns to stock up on if Hillary goes to office?

Old 01-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default What guns to stock up on if Hillary goes to office?

I read this post on another site. What do you guys think? Stock up on hi cap mags and AR type rifles? It seems that some one said that you could buy a few lowers, and then buy the uppers later if there is another "ban."
Old 01-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What guns to stock up on if Hillary goes to office?

I'll for sure buy some 10-22 mags before they get up to 65 dollars again.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

all the above. any semi auto, hi cap mags, any furniture, any gun and gun related. that is just my thinking
Old 01-26-2008, 11:49 PM

well stock up on anything that can be considered a Assault Weapon.
I believe an assaultrifle is arifle that has three or more of the following features:
-detachable magazines (more than 10rd available for purchase)
-folding collapsible stock
-pistol grip
-bayonet mount
-threaded barrel (allows for suppressors)

Assault Shotgunsemi-auto plus two features)
- Folding Stock/ telescopic stock
- pistol grip
- more than five rounds internal mag
- detachable magazine

now if, any weapons ban has to have a grandfather clause that allows people to keep any weapons purchased before a specified date. Thats why many people are rushing to buy products early just in case.

The only parts that would really berestricted arethe actual recievers with the seriel numbers on it.
For the AR-15 that would be the lower reciever which includes a stock. If you cant afford to buy a whole rifle than you can just by a complete (270) or stripped (130) lower reciever now and assemble it later.If you are considering a colapsable stock then get that and any hi-cap magazines before the deadline. If not its not impossible to get the parts after just might have to go to gun shows or order online or go to "the back room" at your local gun store.About the only thing you wont be able to get isthe lowered reciever.

Guns to collect:
AR-15 30,40,45,50,90,100 round magazines
AK-47/74 30+ magazines
Mossberg 12g Cruiser (w pistol grip)
Amunition Drums

those will get you anything (popular) that would be banned by assault weapons ban by the 1994 definition, BUT there has been recent debate to expand the new ban to include and weapon made to serve a military or law enforcement purpose. That alsoquestionswhat defines a sniper rifle. Some democrats think that many hunting rifles (Rem 700) are sniper rifles so there a grim chance that those might be targeted as well.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: savagescout

I'll for sure buy some 10-22 mags before they get up to 65 dollars again.
I hear where your coming from, But ammo is already through the roof. I mostly vote Rep. but do you really think that's the first thing on her list if she gets elected? This country is already in a mess.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:54 AM

Anything semiautomatic I would buy . Also stock up on ammo. Hillary wants to federally register all gun owners and bring back the assault weapon ban. Plus Obama has said the samething .This fall 's electionwill be a critical point in United States history if they get into office.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

Every election is critical !!!!!!!! If the O'Bama/ Clinton wins the only weapon you will have access to with out a license (permit,registration,etc.)will be a closed emptyhand Unless you took a class in self defense then you lose that one too . I think a 50 bmg from Barretand some of the explosive projectals that will punch 1/2 plate armor at 800 yrds that should take care of the issues .
Old 01-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

Badger,
So what your saying is I could buy three lowers and the uppers will still be available at a later date?
Old 01-27-2008, 12:37 PM

if this ban is anythign like the last one, yeah. There are tons ar uppers floating around out there and even if the ban goes in effect you will still find the uppers. they might not be as cool as non-bad uppers but unless you planning to add a silencer to your rifle/carbine you can wait.

even if they do manager to to ban the uppers there are abunch of them already floating around. I would not be too difficult to find and buy one after (although prices might go up a bit). since the uppers dont require and ffl or need to be registered then even if you get caught with it you can say that its preban. the lowers and 30rd magazines are the important items if your interested in AR's

while the 2nd amendment might not be top priority to the democratic candidate it is on their agenda and high on it. Might not happen first week in office but chances are very good itll come up during the first half of the term. there already a new assualt weapons ban that has been written and is seeking approval.

nothing new for most of you but if you havent heard check it out.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1787856/posts

it would ban "sniper rifles" and "street sweepers" too
Old 01-27-2008, 03:52 PM

I figure the firstattack will come at pistols, so called assault rifles and perhaps worse.......ammo. But anyone wanting a pistol would be wise to start acquiring it IMHO. Ammo prices won't come down until we stop using it up by the tons in Iraq & Afghanistan. The military is buying up most of the US production.

Quick Reply: What guns to stock up on if Hillary goes to office?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.