Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Scout Scope Suggestions? >

Scout Scope Suggestions?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Scout Scope Suggestions?

Old 01-26-2008, 12:40 AM

Default Scout Scope Suggestions?

Hey everyone,

Im looking to put a fulton rail system on my garand rifle and looking to place a scout scope on it but am not really sure about what extactly to look for. Ive never have the need for a scout scope and havent ever used one. Do any of you have any experience with scout scopes? what should I look for? Recommendations? Just wanted to see what your experiences were with them especially to range in excess of 300 yds. ? thanks in advance.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Scout Scope Suggestions?

If I understand your question, right? I would not suggest putting an EER scope on a long range rifle. If you are insistant on doing so. get a variable power best quality pistol scope you can afford. About th best advise I can offer. You might consider a cantilever style to bring it back towards you so you could use a standard eye relief scope? my 2 cents?
Old 01-27-2008, 12:40 PM

Default RE: Scout Scope Suggestions?

i thought about it but the garand is top loaded. is there a mount that would swing to the side or forward to allow for fast reloads? im just dont want it mounted on the side like they are traditionally