Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 New gun prices... >

New gun prices...

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New gun prices...

Old 01-21-2008, 06:35 AM
Spike

Default RE: New gun prices...

Also, China is becoming more and more industrialized. This has caused their demand for metals to go through the roof, which we are seeing with more expensive goods(and gas)here. China has nearly five times as many people as we do, and this is only going to get worse. Maybe people should think about that when they're buying goods made in China. And as long as we're making predictions about the economy, anyone wanna take a guess as to how long it will be before China is the leading power on Earth?
Old 01-21-2008, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Also, China is becoming more and more industrialized. This has caused their demand for metals to go through the roof, which we are seeing with more expensive goods(and gas)here. China has nearly five times as many people as we do, and this is only going to get worse. Maybe people should think about that when they're buying goods made in China. And as long as we're making predictions about the economy, anyone wanna take a guess as to how long it will be before China is the leading power on Earth?

How much do you figure the "steel" used in a 700 costs?
Old 01-21-2008, 07:17 AM

About $10!
Old 01-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

About $10!
Your probably real close and I seriously doubt that Remington gave their mainline workforce a 30% pay increase
Old 01-21-2008, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

I wonder what it cost to defend themselvesfrom from those lawsuits the city mayors threw at them a while ago? It must have cost them a fortune to keep the anti gunners from driving them out of buisness. they might need the money to build up ther legal defenese fund.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

All I know is it really is ridiculous. Now I'm a Remmy many from head to toe. I think, for the most part that they make a quality product and I try to support them. However, close to a grand for a hunting rifle is going too far. And don't even talk about TC. I've been looking for a single shot and was impressed with the Encore...until I saw the prices. CVA here I come. I just cannot justify shelling out that kind of cash for a hobby. I'm looking at teh Optima Pro Elite. Hopefully Remmy and TC will become more reasonable w/their prices but I doubt they will. Oh well, if you can afford it more power to you. But as for me, I refuse.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

If your unhappy with gun prices so far then just wait until you see the new Winchester model 70. If my sources are correct its going to be a big step from the "Riflemans"rifle.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well..all you gotta do is watch any hunting show and you can see why T/C prices are so high. They have gave everybody and their brother an Encore to hunt with....I doubt they even reallize that oversaturation can have a worse effect than no ads at all..
Old 01-22-2008, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ahhh yes,marketing. We see it in every outdoor magazine andoutdoor TV show. On one hand, what a great way to showcase a product that someone might otherwise never know about. On the other hand, hunters have deep pocketbooks (don't they?) so let's sell them all kinds of things that they don't need.

And we line up to buy it all, don't we? I remember enjoying hunting when I was a kid, wearing my old down coat, longjohn underwear,bluejeans, work boots, and carrying my cheap Remington .243 and a 4x scope. Now, you have to have some kind of camo outergarments, microfiber underwear, Gore-Tex boots, and the latest "look-at-me" magnum rifle to have the same enjoyment? Not to mention a GPS, digital scope with video capability, digital trail cameras, a laser rangefinder, fancy european binoculars,an ATV (bigger the better), and a big 1-ton crew-cabturbodiesel pickup masked with the same camo our pants are in?

As long as we'll pay for it ... we'll pay for it.

As far as gun prices go, though - I remember the rifle I really, REALLYwanted, a Remington 700 BDL -being something like $350 back in the late 1970s (no wonder only the "rich" guys had one?). Considering how much our Ford pickup cost in 1980, compared to what the same thing would cost now (over three times as much),that the Remington'sjust over twice what it cost back then seems pretty reasonable. No, it's still hardto swallow an $800 rifle, but the hardest part of it all is probably the same problem my dad had - he had to somehow sneak that expensive rifle into the house under his wife's nose. When will a manufacturer come up with a rifle that'spackaged like - a new curtain rod? Or maybe really long spaghetti? Give us something we hunters NEED!

Old 01-22-2008, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

As far as gun prices go, though - I remember the rifle I really, REALLYwanted, a Remington 700 BDL -being something like $350 back in the late 1970s (no wonder only the "rich" guys had one?). Considering how much our Ford pickup cost in 1980, compared to what the same thing would cost now (over three times as much),that the Remington'sjust over twice what it cost back then seems pretty reasonable. No, it's still hardto swallow an $800 rifle,
I bought a Remington 700 BDL SS in 7 REM mag NIB for 625 in 2005. How does it go up 30% in almost 3 years

Quick Reply: New gun prices...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.