Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 New gun prices... >

New gun prices...

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New gun prices...

Old 01-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default New gun prices...

Has anyone else noticed the prices on the new guns? Especially the Remingtons an TC's? Geez I seen a Mod 7 CDL at Wal Mart last night and it was over $800....that is completely ridiculous...however the ultimate racket is TC selling single shot rifles for $500-800 bucks...get serious..lol. I love my Remmy's but I am not gonna pay close to a grand for one and I damn sure aint gonna spend that much for a polkstock rifle
Old 01-20-2008, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New gun prices...

Wait 'til you see the ammo prices!
Old 01-20-2008, 02:52 PM

My local gun store is doing more $$ business in used guns than new. Ammo is going through the roof as well. The price the store pays for ammo has gone up, if I remember right, 3 times in the last year. I know the opwner and he is an honest guy and he told me everything is going overseas. And not all to the troops. The individual piece parts (brass, lead, etc) are going to other countries. He also told me that people tend to buy it in bulk now seeing the price go up like it has.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Has anyone else noticed the prices on the new guns? Especially the Remingtons an TC's? Geez I seen a Mod 7 CDL at Wal Mart last night and it was over $800....that is completely ridiculous...however the ultimate racket is TC selling single shot rifles for $500-800 bucks...get serious..lol

Not sure what the bigger ripoff is the TC or the Remington ? But hey they have great advertising ..
Old 01-20-2008, 05:15 PM

I started noticing rising prices last year when i was shopping around for a new varmint gun. They're getting just a little bit ridiculous.[:@]
Old 01-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's everyplace folks. Bottom line is the gas prices effect it all. It takes fuel to transport the goods and the fuel is up to the prices of operating is up, same old circle.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

I saw a Remington CDL at the gun shop last week. It was $789, & he said remmy just sent notice of another $75 increase.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Maine Shooter

It's everyplace folks. Bottom line is the gas prices effect it all. It takes fuel to transport the goods and the fuel is up to the prices of operating is up, same old circle.
That certainly has a lot to do with it.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:48 PM

Like I said last year when Winchester went out of buisness.

Winchester kept Remington honest.

When Remington was sold, the new owners were only interested in making bigger profits and so the price went up - just as I predicted.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Inflation 2007 was 6.5 percent..you think Remington gave everybody across the board a 30% salary increase or could the fact a bunch of bean counters that couldgive a crap about gunsmight have been involved and just tried to maximize profits?.

Quick Reply: New gun prices...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.