Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 CCI Stinger Problems? >

CCI Stinger Problems?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

CCI Stinger Problems?

Old 01-15-2008, 10:57 PM

Default CCI Stinger Problems?

I wanted to try out some .22LR CCI stinger rounds in my rifle today (savage mk II-G), so i bought a couple 100 pks at walmart. I had a problem in that the casing seemed a little too fat to go all the way in smoothly. I'd fire, pull the bolt back, and the round would be stuck in the chamber, and i'd have to push it out w/ my cleaning rod.

IS the casing a little thicker on the Stinger rounds?
Old 01-16-2008, 05:41 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: CCI Stinger Problems?

did u ever clean ur chamber with a brass brush ??? ur problem could be there ...
Old 01-16-2008, 07:55 AM

my gun is always cleaned..i clean religiously. I believe there must be a diameter issue, because after the problem w/ the stingers i stopped using them, and shot about 200 shots of Remington Golden Bullets, with not ONE problem cycling. But with the stingers at least every other round was getting stuck.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:34 AM
bigcountry

Just a tight chamber. Most target barrels are like that. I know out of my ruger10/22, stingers are great. So is my marlin semi. But I know people who has changed thier barrels out for the green mtn target and other aftermarket target barrels, and now can't shoot stingers or alot of brands anymore without cleaning like every few shots.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the same problem if I use them in my Ruger Mark II target pistols. They don't want to chamber and after you fire them everyone will stick and have to pulled out manually. Though they fire fine in my rifles. Although for what I use them for I just buy the cheap Winchester rounds and never have a problem with them.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:03 AM

Stingers have never impressed me...especially with accuracy. Forget them and use what works.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:41 PM

i wasnt trying to change to another round just trying it out, to see what my rifle likes and dislikes. I'm not rich so the Walmart 550 brick is just fine for me. My rifle loves it, it doesnt gunk it up, and it shoots true. But I just wanted to play around w/ other rounds.