Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Disappointed with Remington >

Disappointed with Remington

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Disappointed with Remington

Old 01-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Disappointed with Remington

ORIGINAL: Phil from Maine

I always liked Remington products. They must be doing very well since they just bought out Marlin Firearms!!
That's a bummer, I like Remington shotguns but, I really like the Marlin rifles.. Now what?
Ruger, Browning, Savage.[8D]
Old 01-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I liked the looks of the Model 700 VTR.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire_rifles/model_700/model_700_vtr.asp

I picked up my 700 SPS varmint .308 the day before this hit their website.
I'd have probably had bought it if I'd waited, but the $560 drive out of the varmint is easing the pain some.

BTW, My X-mark pro trigger isn't pointed like some of the early modelsI saw at bass-pro. Mine looks flatter with smooth edges. Not the old 700 trigger, but not the triangular X-mark pro of 07 either.
One thing I'm not happy with is the PLASTIC floor plate. WTH, plastic on a moving hinged part???[:'(]

Not sure why the picture cut off like that.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Typical Buck

Browning? Who? Oh yell that's the German, no wait, Portugal, no wait, Canadian no wait, German,no wait Japanese based company? No thanks I'll pass>>>>>>>> [:'(]
Old 01-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Browning? Who? Oh yell that's the German, no wait, Portugal, no wait, Canadian no wait, German,no wait Japanese based company? No thanks I'll pass>>>>>>>>
I'd take Browning, CZ, Tikka/Sako over anything that is currently made domestically.

Like it or not,most Brownings were either made at FN Belgium or Miroku Japan, both are a cut above most manufacturers here, as are the manufacturers of other brands I listed above.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

i broke down a few years and bought a remington 710 in 30-06 thinking that its a remington, how can i go wrong. the rifle shot pretty good until i tried to shoot two dogs that were chasing cattle. got the first one then got a black eye when i yanked the bolt out of the rifle. took it back to where i bought it to have it warrentied. the gun came back and when i went to pick it up i yanked the bolt out of it again. in the store. told them to send it back again. i got to thinking and went back to look at another 710 that was in the display case. had a manager there and yanked the bolt out of it too. remington said that i was being too rough with the rifle. i have had winchesters, mossbergs, alot of savages and one ithica. they were all good rifles and never came apart like that. i am now a savage shooter and for the money you cant go wrong. i do know this much, unless its a gift, a remington wont live in my safe again.