Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Disappointed In D(IC)KS >

Disappointed In D(IC)KS

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Disappointed In D(IC)KS

Old 04-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Disappointed In D(IC)KS

Right now I'm at my sister-in-law's place in Canton, GA, using my niece's slow as a Liberal computer.

Anyway, when we arrived in Canton Thursday evening my S-I-L informed me thata new D(ic)ks sporting goods storeopened about two months ago only a few miles away. We don't have any of those stores in S.E. Louisiana, so I wasanxious to go there after seeing a fewposts about them in various forums.

Well, I wenttoday. What a disappointment. There were exactlythree MLs on the gun rack, a Wolf, a Traditions XL,and a Blue/Black Omega - all overpriced. There were no ML supplies(ZERO/Zip/Nada). No bullets. No jags. No patches. Nothing. There was however, a full aisle of paint ballguns and supplies. Can you shootpaint balls out of a ML.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Disappointed In D(IC)KS

Dick's is a sporting goods store (not an outdoors store). I hate them and will never buy a thing from there. We used to have a Galyans in my area, Dick's bought them out and now we do not have a good "outdoor" store in the area for the hunter. just the exercise fanatics and golfers, softball, paintball, etc. Dick's is not even a good place to go for fishing equipment.
Sorry for the rant, But "I HATE DICK'S" Literally and figuratively. bring back Galyan's
Old 04-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: INRecordBookBuck

Dick's is a sporting goods store (not an outdoors store). I hate them and will never buy a thing from there. We used to have a Galyans in my area, Dick's bought them out and now we do not have a good "outdoor" store in the area for the hunter. just the exercise fanatics and golfers, softball, paintball, etc. Dick's is not even a good place to go for fishing equipment.
Sorry for the rant, But "I HATE DICK'S" Literally and figuratively. bring back Galyan's
I bought my Savage from Dciks, what a mistake. I special ordered it, and it took like 3 months and they fumbled it twice. They are a terrible hunting goods store. The only reason I bought from them was I got $500 in gift certificates for them. I now ask for Cabela's only.
Chap
Old 04-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

I asked our local Dicks why they did not carry any muzzy powder when they carried sabots, bullets, primers etc. They told me somebody could use that stuff to make a bomb and they did not want to be liable. LMAO what a bunch of Maroons.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Spike

Michigan just started to allow crossbows, I went in to a D**k's Store and asked to see the crossbows and they didn't seem to know anything about them even allowing the crossbow for hunting.

Dave
Old 04-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your a hunter Diicks is a poor excuse for a sporting goods store. Our local one also sells a few bullets and sabots but never has powder as well. Unless your a golfer or runner your screwed.....
Old 04-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Typical Buck

Semi-You think you are dissapointed. D**k Stack and his brother started a bait and tackle shop here in Binghamton New york back in the 50's. D**k was one great guy. If you were a regular,he would often discount for you. They sold guns,ammo,fishing tackle and everything in between. D**k got old and turned the store over to his sons. From that point on we started calling them D**k's Clothing and Sneaker store. Their biggest sale now is the Golf-a-thon. With the influx of big $$$$$$$ (Terry Bradshaw) they went on a store buying/building binge. They are a very profitable company,but the only resembelance to the business which D**k Stack built and dedicated his life to,is the name.

Charlie
Old 04-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Typical Buck

when i bought my tc triumphDSG had the best price i could find anywhere . they do run good sales on fishing tackle at times,i've also bought treestandS cheap a few times at DSG.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Whew Semisane - you really had me worried about this post title for a bit until I started to read it. Thought you were going over to the dark side..
Yeah, this chain of stores leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to outfitting the hunter. However, there have been times when I've gone in one of the stores and got good deals on camo clothes. Especially after the season.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Semi, like you... we have no Diicks here.

Quick Reply: Disappointed In D(IC)KS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.