Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Ruger or Savage hunting rifle >

Ruger or Savage hunting rifle

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger or Savage hunting rifle

Old 01-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ruger or Savage hunting rifle

you should get a Tiika just joking...

Both ruger and savage are great rifles... I like the accutrigger on the savages, and I think the rugers are kinda ugly[8D]

just my opinion....see which one hold best for you and which one you feel good with..... thats what I did.... and I had a debate with myself on a tikka or savage, and I will be getting the tikka... I am smaller framed, so the lightweight of the tikka made the decision for me

good luck in ur purchase friend
Old 01-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: johnnybravoo77

Rifleman - It wasn't ment to be offensive.

It was ment to make you think about it.

My sister and brother in law are divorced

It was offensive,

He is thinking about it; Ruger or Savage,

And nobody gives a flying poop stain that your sister married a jackass.

The man asked an opinion on two different rifles. If you have an opinion on one these rifles fine, but I see no need for him to justify to you about wether he needs a new rifle or not. As for the original post, I love my Rugers!

Well said! kinda what I was thinking
Old 01-03-2008, 06:07 PM

Thanks guys, I was thinking the same thing. Myabe this weekend, I can go look at a Tikka.I am leaning toward the Savage right now. Are the scopes that come in the package deal pretty cheap scopes. I would like get a decent scope, probably a Nikon. I have one on my other rifle and like it.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

The scopes that come with Savages are Simmons scopes I beleive. I dont know how much more the combo is, but the scope probaly good for an extra 22 or something. I would upgrade the rings also.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yup... My Savage 110 came with a general 3-9x32 Simmons scope that was okay, but not the best. The base was a solid two piece Weaver base and the rings were aluminum vertical mount (screw on top/screw on bottom) and were real crappy.

I upgraded my scope (Merry Christmas from my wife!) and I went out and got some nice heavy steel Weaver Grand Slam rings.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

Since you have a ruger rilfe already why not try the Savage I have a scout model in the 7mm08 it is an awsome rifle wish it had the ac. trigger. Good caliber good rifle it wont dissapoint.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

I'd go with a Savage, hands down.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not a Savage fan (except I do like the accu-triggers) so I'd go for the Ruger.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:16 PM

RUGER !!!!!
Old 01-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

If someone were to give me a Savage rifle, I would try to sell it for whatever I could get for it (probably not much), and buy just about any gun on the market but another Savage.

I have owned Ruger rifles for over 20 years and love the look and feel of them, but they kick worse than any other rifle that I have ever owned or shot due to a poor stock design. The fit, finish, and accuracy have never been an issue, but I have a M77 270 that kicks worse than a 375 H&H that I used to own.

I saw someone suggested looking into a Tikka, and I will agree with that suggestion.

Quick Reply: Ruger or Savage hunting rifle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.